Amazon.com Services LLC
Amazon jobs in Washington State, United States. – Apply for Senior Manager, Vendor Managment Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington. See the description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: : 1769961
Job Title: Senior Manager, Vendor Managment.
The Consumer Electronics team at Amazon is looking for an experienced, results-oriented, and innovative Senior Manager of Vendor Management who will be responsible for driving growth in the Business Electronics categories of our Amazon Business store. Amazon Business is dedicated to offering a broad selection of products and supplies to business, industrial, education and commercial customers at competitive prices. The Business Electronics categories span business critical products including PCs, Office products/supplies, networking equipment, professional A/V equipment, camera/security and imaging equipment.
This position offers an exciting introduction to an S&P 500 company and the opportunity to play a critical role as a general manager and people leader in building one of Amazon’s fastest growing businesses. The Senior Manager, Vendor Management regularly works with senior management from numerous vendors, partners, and internal teams. This position is responsible for managing and developing a team focused on expanding business selection, business growth, building vendor relationships, negotiating contracts and pricing, developing promotions, and monitoring and reacting to industry and competitive trends. This role is an ideal next step for a leader with solid experience who is looking to develop into the next stage of his/her career path.
This candidate should have experience in people management, negotiations, strategic planning, forecasting, and a background in B2B, B2C or e-commerce businesses. They must be able to work in a highly demanding but collegial environment where teamwork is a must. The right candidate will be flexible, action and results oriented, and self-starting. They must also be decisive and able to move with speed to implement their own ideas.
The successful candidate should have experience managing teams, developing leaders, analyzing new business opportunities, building strong relationships, driving significant top and bottom line results, and be comfortable managing multiple responsibilities within a fast-paced environment. The candidate must also possess strong analytical acumen and be comfortable generating and evaluating various forecasts, metrics, and analyses. The candidate should be adept at problem-solving and managing multiple priorities effectively and efficiently. Strong communication skills (both oral and written) are critical.
The Senior Manager, Vendor Management will be responsible for the following:
• Ownership of the B2B P&L for key Electronics and Office Supplies categories
• Develop and lead a multi-functional team of Business Development, Program, Supply Chain, and Category Managers
• Lead the signing, and on-boarding of new business and professional vendors and expanding business and professional selection from existing CE vendors
• Lead key vendor negotiations
• Create and manage new programs and capabilities to drive value for Amazon’s customers and vendors in the B2B space.
• Lead day-to-day operational aspects of the business, including gathering and addressing customer and vendor feedback, price management, and business improvement initiatives.
• Partner in problem solving with our vendors, external partners and internal teams to remove any barriers to growing B2B sales and relevant product selection.
As a member of the director’s senior team, you will partner with peers in setting the business’ long range strategic plans. You will possess direct knowledge of all retail functions within the Consumer Electronics business (vendor management, marketing, operations and finance) and be capable of acting as a proxy for the director in high level meetings with both internal and external executives. We view this role as a stepping stone to bigger and more complex roles within Amazon Retail.
• Bachelor’s degree
• 7+ years of relevant senior level experience in professional or business services, retail, operations, and/or business management/consulting with a proven history of delivering results
• 5+ years of experience in negotiations and vendor management
• 5+ years of experience hiring and managing a team
• Strong understanding of data and demonstrated success in driving processes
• Proven ability to manage large and complicated projects with specific experience leading cross-functional projects
• Experience creating and setting annual operating plans
• Highly polished communication skills – speaking, writing, presenting and negotiating
• MBA with 10 years relevant business experience
• Superior analytical and quantitative skills, comfortable with complex financial data
• Track record of delivering results, setting strategy, and running a large volume and high profile business
• Experience in vendor negotiations, pricing and promotion, inventory management, and product development
• Strong track record of recruiting, hiring and developing talent
• High threshold for working in an ambiguous, fast packed environment – figuring it out and adapting as you go
• Ability to operate simultaneously and effectively in both tactical and strategic modes
· Track record of results in setting strategy and running a large volume, high profile business
· Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast paced environment
· e-Commerce experience preferred
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Campaign and Creative Manager, Grocery – Physical Stores Advertising Amazon Jobs – New York Area, NY
- Software Dev Engineer II Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Campaign & Creative Manager, Healthcare Amazon Jobs – New York Area, NY
- US Healthcare Business Development Lead, Worldwide Public Sector Venture Capital and Startups Amazon Jobs – California
- HR Business Partner I Amazon Jobs – Bedford, OH
- Sr Data Engineer (Level 6), Amazon Business Marketing Analytics Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Senior Product Manager – Technical, Amazon EC2 Compute Launch Services Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Contracts Manager Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Sr Partner Sales Manager Amazon Jobs – San Francisco, California
- Application Security Engineer Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
See More: 1,000+ Amazon Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.
Sign up for job alerts
Be the first to know about new jobs by signing up for email alerts below.