The Home Depot
The Home Depot jobs in Georgia, USA – Apply for SENIOR PRODUCT SUPPORT SPECIALIST – USER RESEARCH Jobs at The Home Depot -Atlanta, GA. See job descriptions, requirements, and the link to apply.
The Sr. Product Support Specialist is responsible for handling and resolving problem escalations, engaging with engineering and other teams in a Subject Matter Expert (SME) capacity, identifying trends, and determining and applying necessary changes. This role also sets standards within the Product Support Team and coaches and trains team members based on knowledge and skill gaps.
The Sr. Product Support Specialist provides after-hours, overnight, and weekend on-call support as well as advanced support for VP level and above.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
15% – Support & Enablement:
- Receives incident from the escalation of L2 or receives incident from application& infrastructure teams directly; troubleshoots technical issues via phone, tickets, and remote support (desk-side as needed) in a courteous manner both synchronously and asynchronously; escalates accordingly
- Actively listens to and builds rapport with end-users to elicit problem details, applying advanced conflict resolution skills frequently to resolve escalated customer issues
40% – Delivery & Execution:
- Documents, reviews and ensures that all quality and change control standards are met
- Provides advanced support for VP level and above
- Has administrative rights; can make changes to systems hardware and software
- Collaborates with engineering teams to determine the root cause of issue and resolution, provide technical expertise, and assist in resolving high-level technical issues; engages in IT projects as needed at a SME level; engages other teams to fix at root cause level when appropriate
- Ensures stability, viability, and maintenance of the 24-7 mission-critical production environment
- Plans, documents, and executes technical changes as needed
- Learns and updates inventory system for new orders in the area of responsibility
- Applies diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting
- Accesses software updates, drivers, and knowledge bases to aid in problem resolution
- Maintains and updates contractor loaner pool laptops
- Engages vendors as needed to resolve or proactively remediate issues; maintains and nurtures relationships with software vendor
- Provides assistance to address facility-related issues with network equipment, HVAC interference, etc. at remote locations
- Assesses and drives quality within the team
- Interacts and builds relationships with site leadership
10% – Administration & Operations:
- Creates and monitors reports on call volume, quality, etc. and makes decisions accordingly
- Documents all pertinent end user identification information including nature of problem
- Evaluates documented resolutions and analyzes trends to prevent future problems
35% – Learning:
- Creates, updates, and manages the Knowledge Base for L2s to utilize
- Produces training for Support Desk Levels 1, 2, and 3; leads training classes for Levels 1, 2, and 3
- Guides the communication of troubleshooting approaches and methods across the Support Desk; serves as a resource for more junior team members on how to approach or complete this task
- Sets standards in call handling and problem resolution best practices; serves as a resource for more junior team members on how to approach or complete this task
- Proactively gathers information to determine areas for further training and coaching
- Reviews regular pertinent product update information to keep knowledge current
Nature and Scope:
- Typically reports to the Product Support Manager or Sr. Manager.
- For Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada and New York City residents: The pay range for this position is between 60,000 and 170,000. Starting salary may vary based on a number of factors including, but not limited to, the position being offered, location, education, training, and/or experience. The Home Depot offers additional competitive financial and non-financial benefits, which may include a performance-based bonus program or a profit-sharing program depending on the position.
Environmental Job Requirements:
- 1. Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Standard Minimum Qualifications:
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience:
- 2 years
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions, there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience
- Expertise in CRM or standard help desk ticketing systems and remote monitoring and management software
- Proficient in Microsoft Office standard applications
- Expertise in troubleshooting and diagnosing networking issues and problems with modern operating systems
- Expertise in troubleshooting and diagnosing in virtualized and cloud-based environments
- Proficient in administering antivirus software
- Proficient in administering mobile devices and mobile device management systems
- Proficient in data management (backup) software and Windows Server
- Proficient in DNS, DHCP, Internet infrastructure, and IP informational tools
- Proficient with setting file permissions, email protocols (SMTP, POP), Active Directory, and Citrix Servers
- Expertise in contributing to and developing content for a knowledge database and team training documentation
- Expertise in guiding and coaching more junior team members
- Expertise in setting high standards through action
- Proficient in identifying trends and determining and applying necessary process or standard operating procedure changes to optimize efficiency and effectiveness
- Experience with selecting and engaging vendors, and establishing, nurturing, and maintaining vendor relationships
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Being Resilient: Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations
- Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique
- needs of different audiences
- Customer Focus: Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- Decision Quality: Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
- Manages Conflict: Handling conflict situations effectively, with a minimum of noise
- Optimizes Work Processes: Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Resourcefulness: Securing and deploying resources effectively and efficiently
- Situational Adaptability: Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- SENIOR ANALYST – WFM SYSTEMS GOVERNANCE (REMOTE) Jobs at The Home Depot -Atlanta, GA
- SENIOR ANALYST – WFM SYSTEMS GOVERNANCE (REMOTE) Jobs at The Home Depot -Phoenix, AZ
- MANAGER, SUPPLY CHAIN ANALYTICS (REMOTE) Jobs at The Home Depot -Atlanta, GA
- SENIOR ANALYST, MET OPERATIONS PROCESS Jobs at The Home Depot -Atlanta, GA
- STORE MANAGER Jobs at The Home Depot -Lafayette, IN
- FINANCIAL SYSTEMS INTEGRATION MANAGER – INVENTORY WORKSTREAM Jobs at The Home Depot -Atlanta, GA
- DISTRIBUTION CENTER HR GENERALIST Jobs at The Home Depot -Phoenix, AZ
- NIGHT REPLENISHMENT MANAGER Jobs at The Home Depot -Bloomington, MN
- CYBERSECURITY MANAGER – THREAT DETECTION AND RESPONSE (REMOTE) Jobs at The Home Depot -Atlanta, GA
- FRAUD DATA ANALYST Jobs at The Home Depot -Atlanta, GA
See More: 1,000+ The Home Depot jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit careers.peopleclick.com.
Sign up for job alerts
Be the first to know about new jobs by signing up for email alerts below.