Target jobs in New Jersey, USA – Apply for Senior Quality & Continuous Improvement Manager – Logan, NJ Jobs at Target – LoganTownship, New Jersey,. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Location: 300 Creekview Ave, Bldg H, Logan Township, New Jersey, United States, 08085-2597; job id: R0000257383
job family: Supply Chain Process & Operations
schedule: Full time
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America’s leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It’s how we care, grow, and win together.
Target Global Supply Chain and Logistics is evolving at an incredible pace. We are constantly reimagining how we get the right product to the right guest even better, faster and more cost effectively than before. We are becoming more intelligent, automated and algorithmic in our decision-making, so that no matter how guests shop—in stores or on Target.com—we deliver the convenience and immediate gratification they demand and deserve. We are on a mission to win decisively over any competitor, with a seamless and superior guest service experience unlike any they can offer. Our teams work with the agility our mission requires, and we constantly come together to implement new processes in record time. So we’re looking for exceptional people who are proactive, creative, independent, innovative, risk-savvy and comfortable working in varying degrees of ambiguity. Are you a critical thinker who seeks the root cause and can analyze both qualitatively and quantitatively? Are you a creative problem-solver who simplifies problems, quickly identifies solutions, commits to a plan and then positively influences others to execute it? If so, you will have success on one of our dynamic teams.
A role in Distribution Centers means being on the very front lines of getting product to the guest as fast as possible – a critical differentiator and one of the most essential functions within Logistics. Whether it’s through focusing on regional or upstream distribution centers, target.com fulfillment centers, or import warehouses, you’ll have the chance to positively impact thousands of fellow team members and Target guests worldwide. There’s so much good work to be done, from Distribution Center Operations, where process and problem solving drive our results; Quality Management, which influences and maintains our good name in the retail marketplace, or overall Distribution Center Productivity, where we’re always analyzing and recalibrating how to best support our people, process and technology investments to support an ever evolving business.
As a Senior Quality and Continuous Improvement Manager, you will report to the Site Director and lead teams accountable to driving continuous improvement and quality programs across the distribution center. This will be achieved through collecting data, analyzing outputs, and influencing operational leaders to develop the proper countermeasures that reduce process variation, optimize performance, and improve warehouse/bin integrity. In this function you will plan, develop, and initiate process improvements and best practices in the areas of Safety, Quality, Speed, and Productivity across all departments and functions. Your team will drive both quality and performance improvement initiatives by developing problem-solving tools, exposing the problems through the use of data, breaking down the drivers of defects, and outlining proper methodologies in addressing the root cause of those problems.
You will also be responsible for identifying training needs and developing team members at all levels on the use of structured problem solving principles (Six Sigma/Lean/8 Step) to promote a problem-solving culture. Establishing yourself as an engaging and inclusive leader will allow your team to maximize its productivity, growth and development and will enable them to do their best work in an environment of innovation, calculated risk, testing and learning.
As the overseer of the quality function for the site, your ICQA Team will be responsible for root causing quality defects within the warehouse locations, identifying defect drivers within the operational flows, and analyzing the site’s operating methods and procedures to identify gaps in inventory control and quality assurance. As an overseer of Continuous Improvement, you will develop a strategy with operational leaders and Finance to achieve annual performance improvement plans and budgetary goals across the facility. In coordination with the site, you will act as a liaison with bi-directional flow of information with headquarters, accountable to identified key areas of improvement while effectively prioritizing workload and resources of the site team.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Four year degree, preferably in the areas of Logistics, Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, Operations, or related business, or a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in the manufacturing, production, or distribution environment and applicable management/supervisory experience
- Advanced knowledge of structured problem solving (Black Belt certification preferred or similar experience)
- Demonstrated proficiency in structured problem solving tools required (DMAIC, Statistical Process Control, Kaizen, Process Mapping, 5S, Fishbone, etc.)
- Change agent with strong credibility and influence while working in cross functional teams
- Experience leading and influencing a team with common or shared goal, providing direction and coaching for performance and development
- Customer focused in defining quality and establishing priorities
- Proven strength in problem solving and advanced data/ statistical analysis
- Project management skills including scoping, problem statements, goal definition, and timeline management
- Experience with performance metrics and process improvement
- Excellent interpersonal communication, time management, presentation, and organizational skills with the ability to handle changing priorities and use of good judgement in stressful situations
- Must be flexible to work a variety of hours as business demands including overnight, weekends and holidays
- Able to access all areas of the DC, including mezzanine platforms
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Seasonal TSS Stores Jobs at Target – Shakopee, Minnesota
- Visual Merchandiser Jobs at Target – Coeur d’Alene, Idaho
- Specialty Sales Team Leader Jobs at Target – Franklin, Wisconsin
- Target Security Specialist Jobs at Target – Chicago, Illinois
- Target Security Specialist Jobs at Target – Dallas, Texas
- Food & Beverage Team Leader Jobs at Target – San Diego, California
- Seasonal: 4am Inbound (Stocking) (T0079) Jobs at Target – Fort Collins, Colorado
- Food Service Team Leader Jobs at Target – Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
- Target Security Specialist Jobs at Target – Arvada, Colorado
- Food & Beverage Team Leader Jobs at Target – Southfield, Michigan
See More: 1,000+ Target jobs in US,A – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit target.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.