Amazon.com Services LLC
Amazon jobs in United States – Apply for Senior AWS Solutions Architect Amazon Jobs – Illinois. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 2289591
Job Title: Senior Software Development Engineer.
Do you want to shape the future of virtualized (SDN) networking in one of the world’s biggest public clouds?
The Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) VPC Packet Pipeline team owns the packet pipeline that runs right beneath all our customer’s EC2 VPC instances, adding features like firewalls (security groups), routing, billing and monitoring as we touch every single packet on every single host across our worldwide fleet in more than 25 regions. Our vision is to combine the performance of bare metal networking while maintaining all the benefits of the cloud, including delivering features not possible on bare metal leading to true Software Defined Networking (SDN).
We are building a new service to ensure that customer instances have access to networking resources such as bandwidth, connections, and packet pipeline CPU to execute their workloads as they need, when they need them, while minimizing the cost of idle networking resources. This is a greenfield initiative that will provide you an opportunity to build and influence a key area of innovation in networking software from scratch. The decision you make will directly impact EC2 customer experience and SLO.
You can have a direct impact on both internal and external customer workloads running on Amazon EC2. With the extensive network and access to Principal and Sr. Principal Engineers across EC2, AWS and Amazon, there are many stretch opportunities to grow your skills and knowledge.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee- led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for two weeks every three months. We don’t like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don’t get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one software programming language
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering team
- Technically sound in software development activities and life cycles
- Passion for great customer experience and quality · Software development experience in C, C++, UNIX tools
- Experience building scalable, fault-tolerant, distributed systems, preferably on a Unix or Linux platform
- Internet and operating system security fundamentals
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
- Senior AWS Solutions Architect Amazon Jobs – Illinois
- Sr. Customer Success Mgr – Core, Strategic Account Services Amazon Jobs – US, Virtual
- Applied Scientist, Amazon Marketing Cloud Amazon Jobs – Santa Monica, CA
- Sr. Partner Sales Manager Amazon Jobs – New York, NY
- Amazon Fresh Overnight Store Zone Lead(Full-Time) Amazon Jobs – Fairfax, VA
- Amazon Fresh Grocery Associate Amazon Jobs – La Habra, CA
- Sr Engineer/Tech Lead Amazon Jobs – New York, NY
- Sr Software Dev Engineer, Whole Foods Market Engineering Services, WFMES, Whole Foods Market Engineering Services, WFMES Amazon Jobs – Austin, TX
- Technical Program Manager, Mobility and Devices Amazon Jobs – Nashville, TN
- Marketing Research Manager, Brand Experience, Brand Experience Amazon Jobs – Seattle, WA
See More: 1,000+ Amazon Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.