Software Engineer jobs in California, USA – Apply for Senior Software Engineer Jobs at UnitedMasters – Los Angeles County, CA (Remote). See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
# Who We Are
UnitedMasters is building a marketplace that connects artists, brands and fans – empowering artists to earn and grow. UnitedMasters has taken the bold step of building a music distribution service that, radically, puts artists first – disrupting the legacy music business by letting up-and-coming artists distribute their music directly to fans through streaming services while maintaining ownership of their master recording rights and up to 100% of royalties. Through the combination of UnitedMasters’ music distribution platform and its deep ties to brands, UnitedMasters enables independent artists and change-makers to grow and earn unlike any other platform. The UnitedMasters team is made up of musicians, marketers, engineers, and storytellers with backgrounds from YouTube, Sound Cloud, Pandora, Facebook, Uber, Dropbox, Complex, VICE, and more. We work hand in hand with the award-winning creative teams that forge those innovative partnerships at Translation (our in-house creative advertising agency).
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer, Backend to join UnitedMasters!
# What You’ll Do
- Work with product management and other engineering teams to design, build and operate UnitedMasters’ current and next-generation products including, order/subscriptions, royalty payments, and the artist services application.
- Understand the platform needs of other functional areas, and provide design and development guidance as required.
- Understand the needs of users and build products that are intuitive and easy to use.
- Break down complex product tasks into iterative milestones with a focus on rapid experimentation.
- Advocate for best practices to produce reliable, maintainable, and fault-tolerant software.
- Help design system architectures to improve performance and scalability.
- Mentor other engineers and help build a high-performance engineering team.
- Raise the bar on engineering practices and code quality.
# Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability.
- Ability to clearly explain complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and information retrieval
- Strong database knowledge, preferably with SQL and NoSQL
- Expertise in concepts like web services, SOA, RPC (GraphQL, REST, gRPC, Thrift) and API design.
- Good knowledge of common algorithms, data structures and design patterns.
- Ability to take ambiguous requirements in complex domains and distill them down into actionable tasks
# Minimum Qualifications
- 4+ years of experience building scalable web apps with Python, Node, or similar technologies — e.g., Ruby, Go, C, or Java.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, related field or equivalent related professional experience
# Preferred Qualifications
- You have hands-on experience with Python, Flask, Django, and Databases (Postgres, MongoDB)
- Experience designing and building web applications
UnitedMasters has over 1.5 million artists on its platform and is growing rapidly. Brands like Diageo, Ally, and ESPN come to UnitedMasters to partner with these artists and play a role in moving culture forward. In the past year, UnitedMasters subscribers have grown rapidly. With $170M raised to date and valued at $550M, UnitedMasters is backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Apple, Alphabet (aka Google), and Disney amongst others. Over the last year, UnitedMasters artists have used our platform to land sync deals with major brands including the NBA, ESPN, Overtime Elite, Bose, Warner Brother Studios and in the NBA video game 2k. These deals give them additional money for their work and increase their exposure.
Salary Hiring Range: $140,000 – $190,000
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry, and are one part of many compensation, benefits and other reward opportunities we provide (e.g. bonus, stock options, 401(k) match, etc.)
Individual pay rate decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, and balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company. We expect the majority of the candidates who are offered roles at our company to fall healthily throughout the range based on these factors.
The range above is for the expectations as laid out in the job description, however we are often open to a wide variety of profiles, and recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description as posted. If that ends up being the case, the updated salary range will be communicated with you as a candidate.
The salary range above is for the NY/CA. As a company, we have a location based strategy, which means the salary range could be lower or higher than this if the role is hired in another location.
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Senior Software Engineer Jobs at Stand Together – Arlington, VA (Remote)
- Software Engineering – Core Java – Intermediate Jobs at Pinnacle Group, Inc. – Wilmington, DE (On-site)
- Software Engineering – Senior Engineer Jobs at Ticketmaster – Los Angeles, Metropolitan Area (On-site)
- Software Engineer – Business Collaboration Jobs at JPMorgan Chase & Co. – Chicago, IL
- Software Engineer, Customer Success Jobs at Automattic – Phoenix, AZ
- Android Software Engineer Jobs at eBay – Bellevue, WA (Hybrid)
- Sr. Software Engineer – Apple Cloud Product Services- Apple Park Jobs at Apple – Cupertino, CA
- Senior Software Engineer, Back End Jobs at Flock Freight – San Diego, CA (On-site)
- Software Engineer – Instrument Data (Remote) Jobs at Hach – Nicholasville, KY (Remote)
- Software Engineer Jobs at Albertsons Companies – Plano, TX (On-site)
See More: 1,000+ Software Engineer Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.