Amazon.com Services LLC
Amazon jobs in Washington State, United States – Apply for Senior Treasury Analyst , Treasury Business Partner Amazon Jobs – Seattle, WA. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 2285350
Job Title: Senior Treasury Analyst .
Amazon is seeking a Senior Treasury Analyst to join the Treasury Business Partner team, which works directly with business and finance groups to deliver corporate finance solutions, banking services, and payment products. This role will primarily support our AWS, Devices and Digital organizations. The role also is part of the Corporate Finance organization, and work as a strategic Treasury advisor to help teams achieve business goals in the asset financing, working capital and exposure management scope. The role actively engages business and finance customers and reviews business plans in order to identify opportunities, scope project ideas, and implement corporate finance solutions for specific business use cases. The role drives and advocates for proper adoption and implementation of Treasury’s strategies, frameworks and controllership mechanisms.
This position requires a self-starter who collaborates well with internal and external stakeholders of various levels and backgrounds, is comfortable with ambiguity, and can balance multiple priorities. The role necessitates broad cross-functional partnerships with our business, Finance, Legal, Accounting, and Tax teams on domestic and global initiatives. The candidate should possess broad Treasury knowledge with potential experiences in capital markets, asset financing, working capital or exposure management. Candidates must have the ability to think big and deliver solutions that scale for Amazon by effectively influencing business partners and driving collaboration across a diverse set of stakeholders. Excellent communication and organizational skills, including the ability to anticipate, identify, and communicate risks and recommendations to Treasury and business leadership is required. The ideal candidate should have a proven track record of dealing with complexity and have experience in a global Treasury organization.
Position location in Seattle or New York City dependent on candidate experience and proximity to key stakeholders.
Key job responsibilities
• Manage relationships with relevant business and finance partners and actively seek to understand their needs, strategies, initiatives, opportunities, challenges, and risks. Identify areas where Treasury can add value to help grow the business and reduce costs.
• Advise the business on spend planning, decision making and execution related to asset financing, working capital and exposure management. Bring clarity and provide practical solutions to complex theoretical challenges (e.g. investment vs. financing decision), and support various in-house prepayment and financing solutions to drive the continuous business growth.
• Identify and scope opportunities to lower costs, reduce risks, minimize operational burden, and ensure efficient utilization of capital. Actively seek to uncover operational and financial risks embedded in various business lines that could affect profitability or be detrimental to business continuity, and lead solutions to mitigate such risks. Develop and communicate recommendations to senior leadership within Treasury and business teams (Director and VP level).
• Manage the development and execution of strategic corporate finance initiatives and solutions that require in-depth Treasury involvement. Lead collaboration among Treasury Core team members, cross-functional teams (Business, Finance, Tax, Accounting, Legal and Risk Management), and Amazon’s bank group on cross functional projects.
• Oversee alignment and correct application of Treasury’s strategies, frameworks, and controllership mechanisms with our business and finance partners. Drive business and finance adoption and standardization as well as strengthen Treasury’s influence through active engagement and scalable educational trainings.
• Manage the establishment of reporting mechanisms to enhance senior leadership’s visibility into business spend needs, corporate finance decisions, and areas of opportunities.
• Launch, enhance, and standardize business partnering processes.
A day in the life
A typical day in this roll would include a combination of the following: partnering with internal business units to identify risks and opportunities associated with their short-term or long-term business plans (both domestic and internationally). Then, working with a broad set of stakeholders you will identify, scope and present Treasury solutions that help support the long-term growth of the business. You will be working with some of the largest banks in the world, working on interesting and complex business problems. At Amazon, our goal is to work hard, have fun, and make history!
About the team
The Treasury Business Partner (BP) team is comprised of two teams and several sub-teams. The first team focuses on the Amazon consumer businesses and operations. The second Treasury BP team is focused on AWS, devices, M&A integrations, and the digital businesses such as Prime Video and Amazon Music.
The Treasury BP team’s mission is to act as a strategic partner and advisor to Amazon businesses, and deliver innovative best-in-class Treasury banking services, financing solutions, and payment solutions. We are focused on our internal customers and are willing to jump into any issue, big or small, and help drive a resolution.
- 5+ years of finance experience or a related analytical field.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, or related field.
• 5+ years of relevant experience in Treasury, Finance, Banking, or applicable industry.
• CFA and/or an MBA or MS in Finance, Economics or a related field
• Experience in a multinational company covering corporate finance topics such as hurdle rates, working capital, factoring, and/or FX and commodity exposure management.
• Excellent project management skill. Keen attention to detail with ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously.
• Must be a self-starter who is able to work independently and interface with all relevant internal teams and external business partners as needed.
• Knowledge of financial statements, corporate finance theory, banking, capital markets, and/or corporate treasury.
• Advanced Excel, financial modelling, and analytical skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills. Experience communicating with senior leadership.
- Sr. Manager, Variable Fleet, Last Mile, Global Fleet and Products Amazon Jobs – Bellevue, WA
- Manager III – Capacity Planning, Global Planning and Site Strategy Amazon Jobs – US, Virtual
- Software Development Engineer, Amazon Infrastructure Services Amazon Jobs – Cupertino, CA
- Frontend Engineer, AWS DC SC.os Amazon Jobs – Seattle, WA
- Business Analyst, Grocery Partnerships – Catalog, Selection & Pricing Amazon Jobs – Seattle, WA
- Principal Technical Program Manager, Music Privacy & Compliance Amazon Jobs – US, Virtual
- Technical Program Manager – Program Operations Amazon Jobs – Milpitas, CA
- Sr. Supply Chain Manager Amazon Jobs – Seattle, WA
- Risk Manager, Financial Crimes Compliance Administration – Suspicious Activity Monitoring Amazon Jobs – Arlington, VA
- Principal, Content Acquisition, Record Label Licensing Amazon Jobs – Brooklyn, NY
See More: 1,000+ Amazon Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.