Social Media jobs in Washington, DC, USA – Apply for Social Media & Digital Content Lead Jobs at VHB – Washington, DC. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
WE ARE VHB—a passionate team of engineers, scientists, surveyors, planners, and designers tackling exciting challenges in the transportation, real estate, institutional, applied technology, and energy industries—serving a range of public- and private-sector clients. At VHB, we are dedicated to improving mobility, enhancing communities, and balancing development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
- We are creative problem-solvers
- We work hard, and we give back
- We like our colleagues, and we love Mondays (really)
- We are diverse, caring, welcoming, and fun!
It’s not surprising that VHB has consistently been rated one of the top AEC firms to work for across our 30+ offices on the East Coast. We’re growing, and we hope you’ll join us!
About The Position
Are you analytical and artistic? Curious and creative? Strategic and tech-savvy?
VHB is seeking a skilled visual storyteller to lead our social media and digital content program and provide digital marketing support as part of our Corporate Development + Strategy Team. We are looking for a creative and energetic go-getter and strategic thinker who relishes the thrill of positioning VHB as best-in-class related to Transportation, Real Estate, Institutional, Energy, Federal, and State and Local Government markets.
As a key member of our Development + Strategy Team, this position reports to our Communications Director and will help plan and execute strategic digital marketing initiatives to increase brand awareness and promote VHB’s people, projects, and capabilities across the footprint. Responsibilities will include working as part of a collaborative team to maximize external visibility through digital storytelling using a variety of tactics, such as social media, web sites, display advertising, and other key activities that build and maximize the firm’s position in the market through our online presence.
High-visibility role that requires a dynamic and energetic leader comfortable working closely with office/regional leaders, as well as marketing and communications professionals across the firm as a key contributor to major social media and digital content initiatives.
- Manage social media, including content calendar, quality control, posting and response, and success measurement
- Track performance metrics, analyze for trends, and identify potential areas for enhancement; provide monthly, quarterly, and end-of-year reports
- Audit VHB social media accounts regularly to determine needed updates and enhancements; maintain understanding of VHB audience/followers and identify additional, targeted reach-out methods
- Identify, create, and implement “evergreen” posts, as well as social media campaigns in alignment with VHB’s Strategic Plan, industry events, and national holidays
- Maintain VHB’s internal Social Media Toolkit; provide presentations and guidance to marketing and technical teams
- Manage employee advocacy program, including researching and curating third party content
- Monitor trends in social media tools, channels, applications, design, and strategy to share and brainstorm with team; identify additional means and methods for online communication and digital storytelling (e.g., IGTV)
- Provide support for VHB Viewpoints, our digital thought leadership platform, including content coordination, development, and promotion
- Support vhb.com enhancements and ongoing maintenance, including site development and updates
- Craft and manage e-blast campaigns aimed at communicating key projects/professionals and VHB’s value proposition
- Support digital marketing campaigns, including creating and writing/editing display advertising, e-news, and press releases
- Analyze metrics across platforms (social, VHB.com, etc.) to understand success rates, areas for improvement, and ways to enhance digital marketing
- Maintain VHB brand and voice standards across all marketing efforts
Skills And Attributes
- Strong verbal, written, and visual communicator with a positive attitude
- Ability to balance critical and creative thinking
- Forward thinker who remains current in marketing news and trends
- Ability to manage and lead multiple assignments and internal marketing teams concurrently, juggling busy schedules and tight deadlines with ease
- Calm and effective under deadline pressure
- Ability to work independently, as well as be an effective team player with a flexible, collaborative attitude
- Exceptional attention to detail and demonstrated commitment to quality
- Willingness to travel, on occasion, to support specific digital marketing initiatives
- Minimum 5 years of experience supporting digital marketing activities, preferably in an A/E/C environment
- Full understanding of a variety of technology platforms, including LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Sprout, software automation, and web design/development
- Experience analyzing and interpreting data, including Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Digital Media, Communications, or related field
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and InDesign (or other desktop publishing software)
At VHB, we’re invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. We’re proud, yet humbled, to have been doing this for more than 40 years. We are dedicated to making a positive impact and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
New employees will be onboarded virtually and begin their employment from home. We are in the process of planning for a safe return to the workplace in alignment with government and CDC guidelines.
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Social Media Coordinator Jobs at 24 Seven Talent – Providence, RI
- Social Media & Influencer Manager Jobs at Artisan Talent – Washington, DC
- Social Media Strategist Jobs at OpticsPlanet, Inc. – Northbrook, IL
- Social Media Strategist Jobs at Voca – Dallas, TX
- Social Media Marketing Intern Jobs at The Plug Drink – Los Angeles, CA
- Social Media Strategist Jobs at Sculpted Studios – Miami, FL
- Social Media Coordinator Jobs at McKinley Marketing Partners, an Inc. 5000 Company – Alexandria, VA
- Social Media Manager, Prime Video Jobs at Amazon – Culver City, CA
- Social Media Manager Jobs at Natixis Investment Managers – Boston, MA
- Social Media Specialist Jobs at MOBILESTYLES App – Glendale, CA
See More: 1,000+ Social Media Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit careers-vhb.icims.com.
Sign up for job alerts
Be the first to know about new jobs by signing up for email alerts below.