Amazon Web Services, Inc.
Amazon jobs in Massachusetts, United States – Apply for Software Development Engineer – Amazon Aurora Amazon Jobs – Boston/Cambridge Area, MA. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 1978525
Job Title: Software Development Engineer.
Are you interested in building hyper-scale database services in the cloud? Do you want to revolutionize the way people manage vast volumes of data in the cloud? Do you want to have direct and immediate impact on hundreds of thousands of users who use AWS database services?
Amazon Aurora is a MySQL-compatible, relational database engine that combines the speed and availability of high-end commercial databases with the simplicity and cost-effectiveness of open source databases. It provides up to five times better performance than MySQL at a price point one tenth that of a commercial database while delivering similar performance and availability.
Amazon Aurora parallel data processing team is looking for experienced technical experts in large scale distributed systems development to build services that run across thousands of servers in multiple datacenters worldwide and powers Amazon Aurora service. These are core systems development positions where you will own the design and development of significant system software components critical to our industry storage services architected for the cloud. This is a hands on position where you will be asked to do everything from building rock-solid components to mentoring other engineers. You need to not only be a top software developer with a good track record of delivering, but also excel in communication, and customer focus. This is a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor within a fast growing business and help shape the technology, product and the business. A successful candidate will bring deep technical software expertise and ability to work within a fast moving, startup environment in a large company to deliver solid code that has a broad business impact.
Come, join us in reinventing database systems for the cloud!
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
· 1+ years of experience in software development
· 5+ year’s overall development experience and 7+ year’s enterprise software experience.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent – Masters in CS preferred.
· Proficiency in developing objected-oriented software, with deep experience in one or more relevant languages (Java, C++, or C#)
· Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, distributed systems.
· Experience with building highly-available and scalable distributed systems.
· Experience with AWS technologies.
· Strong desire to build, sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
· Excellent , verbal and written communication skills.
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Sr. Financial Analyst, AWS, Commercial Sales Finance, Commercial Sales Finance, North America Amazon Jobs – Dallas/Fort Worth Area, TX
- Sr. Financial Analyst, AWS, Commercial Sales Finance, Commercial Sales Finance, North America Amazon Jobs – Arlington Area, VA
- Sr. Financial Analyst, AWS, Commercial Sales Finance, Commercial Sales Finance, North America Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Senior Applied Scientist, AWS Lex Amazon Jobs – New York Area, NY
- Sr. Financial Analyst, AWS, Commercial Sales Finance, Commercial Sales Finance, North America Amazon Jobs – Boston/Cambridge Area, MA
- Financial Analyst, AWS Analytics Finance Amazon Jobs – Jersey City, NJ
- Finance Manager, AWS Sales and Marketing Amazon Jobs – Dallas/Fort Worth Area, TX
- Software Development Engineer, MCF Amazon Jobs – Phoenix Area, AZ
- Sr Event Marketing Manager, Industry & Virtual Events, Amazon Ads Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Software Development Engineer, Amazon Music Free Experience Amazon Jobs – Culver City, CA
See More: 1,000+ Amazon Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.
Sign up for job alerts
Be the first to know about new jobs by signing up for email alerts below.