Amazon.com Services LLC
Amazon jobs in California, United States. – Apply for Software Development Engineer Amazon jobs – Santa Monica, California. See the descriptions, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 1617276
Job Title: Software Development Engineer
Imagine being a part of an agile and autonomous team where your ideas and contributions impact millions of customers in key global marketplaces.
A day in the life
Prime Videos is changing the way millions of customers interact with video content with a massive library of high-quality media and reliable digital delivery. Our services are engineered for high availability, maximum reach, and cost savings that we can pass on to customers. We enable the world to watch video instantly, from any device, whether on the road or from the comfort of a living room sofa. Today, we deliver Movies and TV shows to Windows and Mac PCs, portable devices, gaming consoles, smart phones, and smart TVs. We operate in over 250 countries and territories and we aspire to grow a lot.
About the hiring group
Title Display Experience (TDX) is the content and knowledge platform that powers Prime Video’s Browse, Search, and Detail Page experiences. We are responsible for delivering compelling and forward-looking customer experiences for all movies and episodic content.
Want to change the way people watch TV? The Prime Video team is shaping the future of digital video entertainment. Our mission is to offer customers the widest selection of digital video content and make it trivially easy for them to enjoy it wherever, whenever, and however they want. Within the Prime Video team, the Title Display Experience team relentlessly obsesses over simplifying a customer’s viewing decision by presenting the most accurate and most relevant title information to them.
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer who is results-oriented, data driven, innovative and passionate at creating new comprehensive customer engagement services/solutions. You’ll work on technologies such as such as GraphQL, Java, Spring and AWS to build the world’s most innovative customer experience solutions. You will have significant influence on our overall product strategy and overall architecture of the video-on-demand catalog systems that source and generate title information using ML and digital video understanding, including Prime Video’s first catalog experimentation platform. In partnership with your team, you will be responsible for changing the way our customers discover and choose movies in Prime Video.
Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field
· Excellent problem solving skills.
· At least one year of experience writing production code of increasing complexity
· Understanding of computer science fundamentals, including algorithms, complexity analysis, data structures, problem solving, and object-oriented analysis and design
· Proficiency in at least one of the following: Java, C, C++, C#, NodeJS, Ruby, Python or other strong language
· Working knowledge of programming languages beyond Java, C or C++ (e.g. Ruby)
· Working knowledge of databases, service-oriented architectures, and highly-scaled distributed systems
· Experience with Amazon Web Services
· Experience with mission critical, 24×7 systems
· Experience with high throughput cloud systems
· Relentless customer focus
· Experience implementing and consuming large scale web services
· Masters degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
- Sr. Launch Manager, Amazon Go Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Data Engineer (Wondery) Amazon Jobs – West Hollywood, CA
- Software Development Engineer – AWS Redshift Storage Amazon Jobs – Boston/Cambridge Area, MA
- Senior Financial Analyst, Technology Supply Chain Amazon Jobs – Nashville, TN
- Senior Financial Analyst Amazon Jobs – Houston, TX
- Senior Technical Program Manager – AWS Data Exchange Amazon Jobs – New York Area, NY
- Sr. Technical Program Manager – Security Amazon Jobs – Hawthorne, CA
- Electrical / Telecom BIM Designer Amazon Jobs – Herndon Area, VA
- Customer Connection Program Senior Specialist Amazon Jobs – Arlington Area, VA
- Sr. Technical Program Manager Amazon Jobs – Sunnyvale, California
See More: 1,000+ Amazon Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.