Amazon Dev Center U.S., Inc.
Amazon jobs in California, United States. – Apply for Software Development Engineer – Amazon Timestream Amazon Jobs – Palo Alto, California. See the description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 1757215
Job Title: Software Development Engineer.
Have you ever wanted to work on state-of-the-art serverless, NoSQL database systems that will make a lasting impact on technology? Do you have the passion to tackle tough problems by bringing extensible big data technologies to customers around the world? Come join Amazon Timestream, a brand new, highly scalable distributed database service that is poised to disrupt the industry!
What is Timestream?
Timestream is a fast, scalable, serverless time series database service that makes it easy to store and analyze trillions of events per day in a cost-efficient manner. We are developing innovative new capabilities from the ground up that will transform the way customers analyze their data while also giving them high performance, low costs, and exceptional ease-of-use. Timestream serves customers in a variety of use cases from DevOps applications for monitoring health and usage metrics to IoT applications for analyzing time series data using built-in analytic functions such as such as smoothing, approximation, and interpolation. Timestream features a fully decoupled architecture where data ingestion, storage, and query can scale independently, allowing it to offer virtually infinite scale for an application’s needs.
What will you be doing?
In this role, you’ll design and deliver large-scale, high performance production systems for durably ingesting and storing data into our distributed database. You will have a significant bottom-line impact on our business results. You will have the opportunity to develop deep expertise in areas like distributed systems, storage engines, open source applications and performance optimization, and contribute to the leading open source big data and analytic frameworks like Hive, Spark, and Presto.
If you are interested in designing and implementing large-scale distributed data systems, have a high quality bar and a passion for solving challenging problems, we need you! Come innovate with us!
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
This position may involve on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don’t like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don’t get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Strong knowledge and experience coding in one of the following programming languages: Java, C, C++, Go, or Scala
· Strong at applying data structures, algorithms, and object oriented design, to solve challenging problems
· 2+ years of hands on experience in software development, including design, implementation, debugging, and operation of scalable system software and/or services
· Good understanding of distributed systems and web services technology
· Experience working with REST and RPC service patterns or other client/server interaction models
· Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
· Experience with serverless, big data, ETL technologies at scale.
· Proficiency with open source technologies such as Presto, Hive, Apache Spark, or Apache Impala.
· Familiarity with JDBC/ODBC, SQL query processing, and distributed query engines including query optimization
· Experience in measuring and improving system performance and efficiency
· Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for SDLC management, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations
· Experience communicating with customers, peer technical teams, and management, to collect requirements, describe product features, and influence outcomes in technical decision-making.
· Master’s degree, PhD, or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Software Development Engineer – Global Transportation Tech Services Amazon Jobs – Bellevue, Washington
- Mixed Methods Scientist, Organizational Research & Measurement Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Amazon Fresh Store Associate – Ladera Heights (Flex-Time Only) Amazon Jobs – Los Angeles, CA
- Delivery Station Liaison – Part Time (20-29 Hours)-DMF3 – Amazon Jobs – Pompano Beach, FL
- Delivery Station Liaison – Full Time (40 Hours) – DBU3 – Amazon Jobs – Carle Place, NY
- Solutions Architect Recruiter , AWS Sales and Marketing Amazon Jobs – Austin, TX
- GTM Recruiter – AWS, AWS Sales and Marketing Amazon Jobs – Arlington Area, VA
- Financial Analyst, SCOT Amazon Jobs – Bellevue, Washington
- Video Program Production Mgr, Video Creative Studio Amazon Jobs – Los Angeles, CA
- Software Development Engineer Amazon Jobs – Portland, Oregon
See More: 1,000+ Amazon Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.