Amazon Dev Center U.S., Inc.
Amazon jobs in Massachusetts, United States – Apply for Software Development Engineer, AWS HPC Amazon Jobs – Boston/Cambridge Area, MA. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 1944987
Job Title: Software Development Engineer.
The HPC team in AWS is looking for a talented and passionate software engineer to change the way people manage and execute workloads across HPC clusters.
We are developing a series of products which provide our customers a reliable and simple way for domain scientists (such as scientists, engineers and analysts) to run workloads with a consistent user interface, regardless of whether workloads are run on-premises or on AWS.
Several customers around the world leverage our technology to run large scale experiments on premises and on EC2 instances, and gather their results back through a convenient and simple user interface.
You will be part of a distributed engineering team with members in Italy and United States.
Key job responsibilities
As a software development engineer you will be part of a team building software solutions for running HPC applications in the cloud. Two of our products include EnginFrame (https://aws.amazon.com/hpc/enginframe/) and AWS ParallelCluster (https://aws.amazon.com/hpc/parallelcluster/).
Your responsibilities will focus on solving real customer problems and will span across all aspects of development, from the design of distributed architectures to the development of new backend functionalities to the implementation of elegant user interfaces.
This position involves occasional on-call responsibilities, however the team works hard to ensure that the software is robust and pages are kept to a minimum.
A day in the life
Every day there will be plenty of opportunity to influence the technical direction of our team, you will lead the design of software that runs at scale, you will learn and experiment with the latest technologies to innovate in the field of high performance computing, you will help other engineers on the team grow to their full potential. We are looking for passionate people who are interested in solving problems which enable science and research at-scale.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
About the team
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional.
Internal job description
You will be part of an engineering team based in Italy and United States that is in charge of developing the future of HPC in the cloud.
Our software is written both Python and Java/Kotlin on the backend and React on the frontend, prior experience in these areas is not required and we are willing to train the skills required to become an effective contributor.
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
· English as working language is a requirement
· Professional experience in software development with Python or Java/Kotlin
· Professional experience with Linux/Unix operating system and scripting
· Technically sound in software engineering activities and life cycles, including coding standard, source control management, testing and operations
· Passion for building and operating highly-available distributed systems
· Familiarity with AWS platform.
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Sr. Financial Analyst, AWS Sales and Services, AWS Sales and Services Amazon Jobs – Boston/Cambridge Area, MA
- Finance Manager Amazon Jobs – Atlanta, Georgia
- Finance Manager Amazon Jobs – Boston/Cambridge Area, MA
- Finance Manager Amazon Jobs – Chicago, IL
- Finance Manager Amazon Jobs – Jersey City, NJ
- Sr. Financial Analyst, AWS Sales and Services, AWS Sales and Services Amazon Jobs – Atlanta, Georgia
- Sr. Program Manager, Future DSP Amazon Jobs – New York Area, NY
- Manager, Operations, Amazon Hub Amazon Jobs – Bellevue, Washington
- Business Development Manager, Direct Fulfillment Amazon Jobs – Nashville, TN
- Software Dev Engineer (L5), BigMesh Router Amazon Jobs – Sunnyvale, California
See More: 1,000+ Amazon Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.
Sign up for job alerts
Be the first to know about new jobs by signing up for email alerts below.