Amazon Dev Center U.S., Inc.
Amazon jobs in California, United States – Apply for Software Development Engineer, AWS Hyperplane Amazon Jobs – Sunnyvale, CA. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 2097559
Job Title: Software Development Engineer.
Are you passionate about technology and solving hard problems? Do you want to grow your skills as you help us grow and scale the world’s largest cloud computing service? Do you want to make history and have fun doing it?
AWS Elastic Load Balancing/EC2 Networking is looking for a Software Development Engineer for a critical part of its service that delivers a distributed Network Function Virtualization (NFV) platform. This team owns the data plane systems used for both customer-facing services such as NAT Gateway, Elastic File System, Load Balancers, AWS service endpoints as well as many internal AWS services. This is a balanced team of senior and junior engineers that has proven it can deliver very important features for our customers. This engineer will work on a key part of the service, setting the team culture, best practices, mentoring, and delivering on the product roadmap. The successful candidate will be comfortable dealing with ambiguity, be very customer-centric and able to think big!
The ideal candidate will be passionate about the potential of cloud computing as well as about building great resilient, scalable and high-performance distributed services. This candidate has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a rapid growth environment exhibiting abilities to prioritize well, communicate clearly and understand how to drive a high level of focus and excellence with a strong team. This person has a proven track record of building a culture centered on customer focus, efficient execution, high quality, rigorous testing, deep monitoring, and solid deployment practices. AWS in general, and this business in particular, operates at very large scale and on critical workloads, so a passion and discipline around operational excellence is key. A high level of ownership and accountability is a must.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee- led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don’t like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don’t get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- Technically sound in software development activities and life cycles
- Passion for great customer experience and quality
- Software development experience in C, C++, UNIX tools
- Experience building scalable, fault-tolerant, distributed systems, preferably on a Unix or Linux platform
- Strong knowledge of networking concepts and AWS VPC features
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills
- Internet and operating system security fundamentals
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Amazon Dedicated Cloud Engineer, EC2 Amazon Jobs – Seattle, WA
- Learning Experience Designer, Buy with Prime Amazon Jobs – New York City, NY
- Senior Security Automation Program Manager Amazon Jobs – Arlington, VA
- Technical Program Manager, Technical Investigations Amazon Jobs – Arlington, VA
- Software Development Engineer, SSPA DELTA Amazon Jobs – New York, NY
- Sr. Software Dev Manager, Model Accelerator and Data Platform Amazon Jobs – Seattle, WA
- Front End Engineer – Honeycode (AWS) Amazon Jobs – Sunnyvale, CA
- SDE II – Amazon Air, Amazon Air Amazon Jobs – Nashville, TN
- Production Executive, Scripted, Freevee Physical Production Amazon Jobs – Culver City, CA
- Business Analyst, Network Risk, Continuity, and Response Amazon Jobs – Seattle, WA
See More: 1,000+ Amazon Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.
Sign up for job alerts
Be the first to know about new jobs by signing up for email alerts below.