Amazon Dev Center U.S., Inc.
Amazon jobs in United States – Apply for Software Development Engineer , AWS Identity Amazon Jobs – US, Virtual. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 2291215
Job Title: Software Development Engineer.
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud provider–from infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databases–to emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. AWS Platform is the glue that holds the AWS ecosystem together. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) enables customers to secure their workloads in the cloud by providing authentication and authorization mechanisms. With the growth of AWS, the workloads and access pattern keep evolving demanding the next order of magnitude scalability. We are looking for strong software engineers to build the next generation functionality in this area. Individuals interested in this position should have experience in building high-performing, reliable systems in a complex, multi-tiered, and distributed environment in a fast-paced environment.
Here are some reasons you should come work with us:
- We care about both delighting customers and building high quality software. Our leadership principles (http://www.amazon.jobs/principles) empower managers to act and challenge us never to accept the status quo.
- We offer a fast-paced environment with a start-up atmosphere. We ship code every day.
- You will be in charge of the complete software development lifecycle, defining, prioritizing, designing, building, and testing new features.
- You will operate an AWS business with globally distributed servers and customers at a massive scale.
- You will understand what it takes to grow and operate a global business at our scale.
At AWS, We:
- Are a group of technologists from diverse backgrounds.
- Obsess over our customer’s needs and experience.
- Are owners. We love building new innovative technologies, and improving our existing ones.
- Wear multiple hats. We enjoy the prototyping and tinkering stages, as well as the rigor of making solutions production-ready.
- Are fast-growing, agile and collaborative.
- Enjoy seeing the impact your work has on real customers.
- Are comfortable in an agile environment and create order from ambiguity.
- Build creative short-term and sustainable long-term solutions with others as passionate as you about this mission.
- Take ownership and do what it takes to get the job done.
- Want to create services at a massive scale used by millions of people.
- Use data to make decisions and validate assumptions.
- Learn from others and help grow those in your team to achieve their best.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- Solid understanding of computer science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design and analysis.
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Distributed systems and web services design and implementation experience.
- Masters or PhD degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical discipline.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
- Applied Scientist, Amazon Ads Identity Amazon Jobs – Palo Alto, CA
- Sr Mechanical Design Engineer – Customer Terminals Amazon Jobs – Redmond, WA
- Amazon Fresh Grocery Associate Amazon Jobs – Oak Lawn, IL
- Content Marketing Mgr, Amazon Publisher Services Amazon Jobs – New York, NY
- Amazon Robotics – Software Development Engineer (SDE) – Summer 2023, Robotic Strategy and Concepts Amazon Jobs – Westborough, MA
- Sr. Technical Program Manager, Amazon Ads Amazon Jobs – New York, NY
- Sr. Partner Development Manager Tech, Strategic Partner Development and Support Amazon Jobs – New York, NY
- Game Designer, Prime Gaming Amazon Jobs – Seattle, WA
- Software Development Engineer, AWS Jam Amazon Jobs – Seattle, WA
- Front End Engineer, AWS Jam Amazon Jobs – Seattle, WA
See More: 1,000+ Amazon Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.