Amazon Web Services, Inc.
Amazon jobs in Washington State, United States – Apply for Software Development Engineer, AWS Jam Amazon Jobs – Seattle, WA. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 2289524
Job Title: Software Development Engineer.
We’re looking for a strong Front End Engineer to help form our team. The AWS Jam team is revolutionizing how people learn to build on the AWS cloud. Our team builds immersive digital learning experiences that merge gaming and hands-on learning for tens of millions of learners across the world.
This is an opportunity to join a new team and influence its culture as we build from the ground up. AWS Jam enables cloud developers and technologists develop and sharpen their AWS cloud skills through simulated real-world hands-on challenges built around teamwork and competition. What does that mean for a Software Engineer working on Jam? It means building cross-cutting interactions around Security, Compute, Databases, IoT, ML, Computer Vision, Blockchain, Robotics, Front-end and Mobile, Satellite, best practices, and more; a thin layer between your code and what the customer interacts with; and near real-time customer feedback. You will help hire and develop the team. You will work with Product, Design, Architects, and other stakeholders to build and deliver the next generation of learning experiences on AWS Jam. You’ll mentor your new teammates and help them learn to develop production software in line with Amazon’s quality bar. As part of this role, you will also have the opportunity to get involved in customer-facing engagements such as AWS events and summits.
Are you passionate about building full-stack software tools and systems that solve critical business problems? Do you love collaborating with peers, UX-Designers and Product Managers to build delightful experiences for our customers? If so, this is the team for you. Join us, and you will be part of a team that is focused on inventing and building solutions that will improve lives through learning.
Our team operates as a startup with high standards around engineering excellence. We are constantly innovating, and we embrace experimentation and failure. You will work with the team to quickly and iteratively deliver high quality software features. You will work across the software stack as needed. You will get exposure to customers and all AWS services and features, including some that are yet to be released. You’ll help to maintain our production software in the field and you’ll identify our pain points and drive our team to solve them. You’ll help make your team better, more efficient, and a more enjoyable place to work.
We are just getting started. This position is a unique opportunity to shape the future of learning technology and enable millions of learners acquire the knowledge and skills they need to build on the AWS cloud. Join us and help lead the way!
This position can be remote, but candidates must be based near an AWS office location (Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Chicago, Cupertino, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, East Palo Alto, Herndon, New York City, Pittsburgh, Portland, San Francisco, Santa Monica, Irvine, Seattle, or Tempe).
Key job responsibilities
• Work closely with senior engineers, UX designers, and product managers to develop friendly UI experiences.
• Work closely with engineers to architect and develop the best technical design.
• Develop/maintain operational rigor for the frontend of a fast-growing AWS service.
About the team
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 2+ years of professional software engineering experience building scalable production application;
• Programming experience in one or more relevant front-end frameworks (React, React Native, Angular, etc.), UI Test Automation frameworks
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills;
• Passion for driving simple, clean and efficient code.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to address technical and non-technical audiences;
• Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team;
• Experience with learning game development, training simulations, gamification, and educational technology;
• Ability to easily dive between front-end and back-end development;
• Project planning/execution skills including estimating, scheduling, and executing on committed schedules.
- Front End Engineer, AWS Jam Amazon Jobs – Seattle, WA
- Business Analyst, Abuse Prevention Amazon Jobs – Tempe, AZ
- Software Development Manager, Amazon Ads Amazon Jobs – Portland, OR
- Senior Solutions Architect – Analytics, Specialist Solutions Architecture, Analytics Amazon Jobs – US, Virtual
- Amazon Fresh Overnight Store Zone Lead (Full-Time) Amazon Jobs – Fairfax, VA
- Amazon Fresh Produce Associate Amazon Jobs -Huntington Beach, CA
- Solutions Architect, AWS Startups (Early Stage Startups Team) Amazon Jobs – San Francisco, CA
- Senior Software Development Engineer (SDE-III) / Technical Lead, Physical Stores Advertising Amazon Jobs – Boston, MA
- Facility Operations Center Engineer, The Facility Operations Center Amazon Jobs – Herndon, VA
- Senior Product Manager, FinOps Amazon Jobs – Seattle, WA
See More: 1,000+ Amazon Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.