Amazon Web Services, Inc.
Amazon jobs in Virginia, United States – Apply for Software Development Engineer , AWS Marketplace Offers Amazon Jobs – Austin, VA. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 2099543
Job Title: Software Development Engineer.
Come join AWS Marketplace (https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/); AWS Marketplace (AWSMP) is a curated digital catalog, customers can use to find, buy, deploy, and manage third-party software, data, and services that customers need to build solutions and run their businesses. AWSMP includes thousands of software listings from popular categories such as security, networking, storage, machine learning, business intelligence, database, as well as related professional services to help you manage and support those solutions. Customers can quickly launch pre-configured software with just a few clicks and choose software solutions in Amazon Machine Images (AMIs), software as a service (SaaS), and other formats. You can use AWSMP as a buyer (subscriber), the seller (provider), or both. Anyone with an AWS account can use AWSMP as a buyer and can register to become a seller.
AWSMP is looking for a Software Development Engineers to solve challenging scale problems and evolve the service to meet our customer’s need. As a Software Development Engineer on the team you will own significant portions of the product and will have influence on our strategy by helping define the next wave of product features and system architecture. The systems are complex and there are huge opportunities to work at all levels from a set of robust platform services, to system level pieces and everything in between. You should be somebody who enjoys working on complex system software, is customer-centric, and is passionate about building quality software as well as achieving operational excellence. A commitment to teamwork, hustle, and great communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are essential.
Inclusive Team Culture:
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work. This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don’t like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don’t get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth:
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com
Key job responsibilities
- Collaborate with experienced cross-disciplinary Amazonians to conceive, design, and bring innovative products and services to market.
- Design and build innovative technologies in a large distributed computing environment and help lead fundamental changes in the industry.
- Create solutions to run predictions on distributed systems with exposure to innovative technologies at incredible scale and speed.
- Build distributed storage, index, and query systems that are scalable, fault-tolerant, low cost, and easy to manage/use.
- Design and code the right solutions starting with broadly defined problems.
- Work in an agile environment to deliver high-quality software.
About the team
A Software Development Engineer on the AWS Marketplace (MP) Offers team designs, builds and maintains features in the Offers Platform. Offers are central to every Marketplace transaction, as they represent a collection of terms to be accepted for an agreement between two entities (buyers and sellers) for enabling the procurement of a product. The Offers platform enables the creation, update and retrieval of offer documents via APIs; validates that the documents meet defined business, legal, and technical criteria; and publishes offer documents to downstream services to support procurement and billing.
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- 1+ years of experience in software development
- Experience with distributed, multi-tiered systems, algorithms, and relational databases.
- Effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions.
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Senior Manager – Finance Operations Business Partnership Amazon Jobs – Arlington, VA
- Software Development Engineer II, MOD Tech Amazon Jobs – Arlington, VA
- Software Development Engineer, MOD Tech Amazon Jobs – Arlington, VA
- Senior Tech BD Lead, Marketers, AWS+Ads Amazon Jobs – New York, NY
- Sr. Software Dev Engineer, Audio Advertising Amazon Jobs – Austin, TX
- Technical Partner Manager, APS Connections Marketplace Amazon Jobs – New York, NY
- Software Dev Engineer – Performance Advertising Amazon Jobs – New York, NY
- Manager, Vendor Management, Canada Consumer Electronics Amazon Jobs – Seattle, WA
- Software Development Manager, Selling Partner Support Experience Amazon Jobs – Detroit, MI
- Manager, Software Development, Sponsored Products Amazon Jobs – New York, NY
See More: 1,000+ Amazon Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.
Sign up for job alerts
Be the first to know about new jobs by signing up for email alerts below.