Amazon.com Services LLC
Amazon jobs in California, United States – Apply for Software Development Engineer, Books Ads Amazon Jobs – Culver City, CA. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 2292413
Job Title: Software Development Engineer.
Amazon is building a world class advertising business and we are responsible for defining and delivering a collection of self-service performance advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our products are strategically important to our business, driving long term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and are breaking fresh ground to create world-class products. We are motivated, collaborative and fun-loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing quickly with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
As a software engineer, you will lead the design and delivery of software services and website stacks that entail engaging creatives, cross-screen placements, targeting, optimization, relevancy and advertiser experiences. You will build brand new distributed software applications using cloud services and amazon proprietary technologies to deliver these unique customer and advertiser experiences. You will frequently interface with teams across Amazon, including discovery, retail category, traffic generation, vendor management and analytics among many others. This is a great opportunity to learn many facets of advertising and retail, and understand how they come together, equipping you with the skills to grow your career. You will have the opportunity to experiment, innovate and deliver in a fast, agile and reliable manner with high quality and low technical debt. You should be passionate about building, improving and championing the product and a strong sense of ownership is a must.
This is a chance to get in on the ground floor for what is becoming a huge area of growth for Amazon’s advertising business. Join the Books Advertising team today to make history and transform our experiences.
About the team
The Books Ads team exists to launch, accelerate, and differentiate the advertising business for the publishing category. We own the end-to-end advertising experience for readers, shoppers, publishers, and authors, including ad supply, ad creative, ad serving, and the user experience for books populations. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing fast to pursue a range of new opportunities.
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- 1+ years of experience in software development
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years industry experience as a Software Engineer or a Software Developer in an agile environment.
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Normalized (relational) or denormalized (non-relational, typically key-value) data stores
- Experience building and supporting and high transactional load Internet scale web properties, distributed system design
- Familiar with techniques in ML space and have insights to apply the right solution to problems at hand
- Strong sense of ownership, bias for action, urgency, and drive
- Passion for building new products in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
- Experience taking a lead role developing complex software systems that have successfully been delivered to customers
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience in communicating with users, and other technical teams to collect requirements, describe software product features and technical designs.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operational excellence
- Demonstrated ability to mentor junior software engineers; and make them more effective product software engineers
- Experience using cloud based products such as Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with scripting in Python and/or Perl
- Working experience with Unix/Linux
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
- Front End Engineer Amazon Jobs – New York, NY
- Business Analyst, FinOps Services Amazon Jobs – Arlington, VA
- Senior Data Scientist, People eXperience and Technology Central Science Amazon Jobs – New York, NY
- Data Center Technician Amazon Jobs – Jessup, MD
- Sr Logistics Manager – eero Amazon Jobs – San Francisco, CA
- Sr. Program Manager, Strategy and Planning, Abuse Prevention Amazon Jobs – San Diego, CA
- Sr. Program Manager, Selling Partner Risk Amazon Jobs – Tempe, AZ
- Construction Project Manager Amazon Jobs – Herndon, VA
- Sr. Technical Program Manager, AWS Elastic Load Balancing Amazon Jobs – Seattle, WA
- Amazon Fresh Store Zone Lead (Full Time) Amazon Jobs – Federal Way, WA
See More: 1,000+ Amazon Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.