Amazon.com Services LLC
Amazon jobs in Illinois, United States – Apply for Software Development Engineer, Buy With Prime Amazon Jobs – Illinois. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 2183856
Job Title: Software Development Engineer.
We are looking for high calibre Software Development Engineers to start a Greenfield initiative with strategic significance and high exposure. In this initiative, we will tackle some of the most intriguing problems in software architecture while designing and building highly scalable services, and solutions from the ground up.
This role requires deep technical expertise, excellent leadership skills, and the ability to hit the ground running. You will be responsible for solving algorithmically complex problems, working on front and back-end services that can scale to millions of requests, building products that will reach millions of customers, and deploying them globally to deliver an exceptional customer experience. Our project spans across Amazon Consumer and AWS business lines as we work to build high request volume customer-facing services.
You will work closely with and learn from a sizeable Principal Engineering community with direct interaction with projects leading up to the S-Team level. As innovators who embrace new technology, you will be empowered to choose the right highly scalable and available technology to solve complex problems and directly influence product design.
Specifically, you will:
- Interact with our team of programmers to develop intelligent solutions to complex problems
- Contribute elegant, practical code
- Deliver rapid iterations of excellent software
- Ensure the games you develop to deliver a world-class experience by challenging yourself and others to constantly raise the bar
- Be a champion of engineering excellence: raise the bar on quality, consistency, maintainability, efficiency, and all the other things that make great software great.
If you enjoy designing and building highly distributed systems that can scale and solving challenging problems, come join us!
This team currently has presence in the following locations, however we are open to remote accommodation: Seattle, Santa Monica, Austin, Arlington (VA), Toronto.
Key job responsibilities
- Build brand new distributed software applications using native AWS to deliver unique customer experiences.
- Own defining, disambiguating, designing, and implementing multi-tier distributed software systems and applications.
- Estimate effort, plan implementation, and launch systems that meet requirements for functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, and adherence to development goals and principles.
- Experiment, innovate and deliver fast, agile, and reliable with high quality and low technical debt. You should be passionate about building, improving and championing the product and a strong sense of ownership is a must.
- Must be able to effectively collaborate in a fast-paced environment with multiple teams in a large organization (software development, QA, Project/Release Management, Build and Release, etc).
A day in the life
- You will be working directly with PEs, SDEs and TPMs in this organization to define the experience and develop the tech architecture of all the platforms.
- You will own the end-to-end design of the platforms and modules you build.
- You will work with the product to refine the vision and influence the tech roadmap.
- You will lead the effort of development and delivery with other SDEs.
- You will work in an agile environment to deliver high-quality software against aggressive schedules
About the team
Buy with Prime is helping people reimagine the way they shop….wherever they do! Our vision is to enable every entrepreneur in the world to reach every customer in the world through every channel they can imagine. Buy with Prime is a new way to extend Prime shopping benefits—including fast, free shipping, a seamless checkout experience, and free returns—to merchants’ own online stores, ultimately increasing selection for Prime members. For over 20 years, Amazon been empowering small and medium-sized businesses with opportunities to grow. Buy with Prime is an exciting next step in our mission to help merchants of all sizes grow their business—whether on Amazon or beyond.
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science (or related field) or equivalent industry experience
- 4+ years professional experience in software development
- Strong fundamentals in core Computer Science areas like Object Oriented Design, Data Structures and Algorithms
- Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as C++, C#, Java, or Perl
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development lifecycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
- Sr. Enterprise Customer Advisor, Real Estate and Construction Amazon Jobs – Austin, TX
- HR Partner, Human Resources Amazon Jobs – Akron, OH
- Program Manager Amazon Jobs – Seattle, WA
- Program Manager Amazon Jobs – New York, NY
- G&A Centralized Software Development Engineer, GL&D Amazon Jobs – Seattle, WA
- GM Administrative Assistant Amazon Jobs – Garner, NC
- Engineering Operations Technician Amazon Jobs – Phoenix, AZ
- Principal, Tech Prog Mgmt, Supply Chain Risk Management Amazon Jobs – Austin, TX
- Senior Process Engineer, Amazon Freight, AF LTL Amazon Jobs – Tempe, AZ
- Maintenance Technician III Amazon Jobs – San Marcos, TX
See More: 1,000+ Amazon Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.