Amazon.com Services LLC
Amazon jobs in Washington State, United States – Apply for Software Development Engineer II Amazon Business Amazon Jobs – Seattle, WA. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 2293616
Job Title: Software Development Engineer II.
The Amazon Business team is seeking Software Development Engineers who want to disrupt the way businesses purchase online. Amazon Business today is in available in 9 countries, serving over 5 Million customers Worldwide, and generating over $25B in annual revenue.
Our team is focused on building solutions to enable large enterprise B2B customers to research, discover and buy business, industrial and scientific products in large catalogs; across multiple devices, marketplaces and regions. Our customers include individual professionals, businesses and institutions that buy in either high frequency or in bulk quantities. Our customers have different needs than the traditional Amazon customer base.
You will be part of a team that is responsible for all aspects of the customer experience – from the visual interface to the back end services. You will be working with new technologies that improve usability and increase performance and scalability. You will help redefine normal for this segment of the market. You will help translate business requirements to technical deliverables and deliver operationally stable solution that provide good customer experience.
Candidates need to have strong ownership, passion to provide great customer experience and excellent troubleshooting skills. Experience with building web-based applications and/or web services-based applications is desired.
Key job responsibilities
You will participate in the full development cycle, end-to-end, from design, implementation, and testing to documentation, delivery and maintenance. You will evaluate and make decisions around the use of new or existing technologies and tools, and you’ll coach and mentor junior development engineers. We work in an entrepreneurial environment and deliver value incrementally and frequently. We are still in the early stages of development, so you will be in on the ground floor.
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Hands-on development background in Java or other Object Oriented language on a Unix/Linux platform.
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Experience mentoring software engineers to improve their skills, and making them more effective, productive contributors
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- You must be obsessed with addressing customer needs.
- Associate Brand Manager, Luxury Stores, Luxury Stores Amazon Jobs – Seattle, WA
- Clinical Lead Amazon Jobs – US, Virtual
- Sr. Business Analyst Amazon Jobs – Seattle, WA
- Structural Analysis Engineer – Primary Structures, Structural Integrity and Analysis Amazon Jobs – Redmond, WA
- Loss Prevention Specialist Amazon Jobs – Mt. Juliet, TN
- Data Scientist, Science & Design Leadership Recruiting & Academic Partnerships (SDLAP) – Market Intelligence Amazon Jobs – Seattle, WA
- A&A Project Manager Amazon Jobs – Annapolis Junction, MD
- Embedded Software Development Engineer, Platform Software System engineering Amazon Jobs – San Diego, CA
- Software Development Engineer, Books Ads Amazon Jobs – Culver City, CA
- Front End Engineer Amazon Jobs – New York, NY
See More: 1,000+ Amazon Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.