Amazon.com Services LLC
Amazon jobs in Washington State, United States. – Apply for Software Development Manager Amazon Jobs – Bellevue, Washington. See the description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 1778758
Job Title: Software Development Manager.
Are you interested in building the next generation distributed systems that enable a global workforce to securely, safely, and efficiently manage the physical infrastructure of the AWS cloud? Do you want to revolutionize the way we protect customer data and Amazon’s IP? Do you want to have direct and immediate impact on millions of customers who use AWS every day?
AWS Data Center Automation seeks a Software Development Manager to build the systems that automate and orchestrate the physical work processes that occur inside all of AWS’ global data centers and Outpost customer locations. You will own systems that will be used internally and externally by thousands of Technicians, Supply chain managers, Hardware Engineers on a daily basis to perform repair activity on millions of hosts and components to restore capacity back to AWS customers. You will help Amazon to automate and optimize the inbound receive and installation work, secure retirement of assets by building self-service applications for our customers. Our customers depend on our systems to perform their work safely, securely, efficiently, and free of defects to provide capacity for AWS customers. You will contribute to success of our core cloud infrastructure business. Our team is responsible for billions of dollars in assets and obsesses about optimizing the processes necessary to operate the AWS cloud infrastructure.
As a part of this role, you will:
· Grow and manage a team of Software Engineers.
· Set a high standard for design, testing, deployment, and operations
· Recruit, hire, mentor, and coach technical staff.
· Interface with our internal customers to understand requirements, set priorities and communicate direction and progress.
· Own all operational metrics and support for your team’s software.
· Manage the agile development process and methodology to deliver value to customers.
· Help develop long-term development and business technology strategies.
· Lead team to launch new services for internal and external business and evolve our service architecture with quality, robustness and AWS size scale as top priority
This is a role suitable for someone who wants to influence across organizations, work on high profile, high impact initiatives that impact Amazon’s bottom line.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
· 7+ years of experience working directly within engineering teams
· Experience partnering with product OR program management teams
· 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
· 3+ years of experience architecting and designing (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
We are looking for a hands-on SDM with an established background in developing high volume and highly available services, strong technical ability, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a dynamic fast paced environment.
· Strong CS fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures and algorithms
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer science, Math, Statistics or related field
· 8+ years of hands-on software development experience
· 4+ years of people management experience, especially managing engineers.
Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
· Excellent judgment, organizational and problem solving skills: technical, project, and personnel
· Excellent skill in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Amazon Fresh Store Associate Amazon Jobs – Irvine CA
- Quality Assurance Analyst – Amazon Astro Amazon Jobs – Arlington Area, VA
- Quality Assurance Analyst – Amazon Astro , Astro Amazon Jobs – Sunnyvale, California
- Operations Support Manager Amazon Jobs – Florence, KY
- Data Collection Specialist – Amazon Astro, Astro Amazon Jobs – Arlington Area, VA
- Program Coordinator Amazon Jobs – Bellevue, Washington
- Program Coordinator Amazon Jobs – Arlington Area, VA
- (GA SCRUBBED-DELETE THIS) Overnight Amazon Fresh Store Associate Amazon Jobs – Irvine CA
- Amazon Stores Lead Amazon Jobs – Columbia, MD
- Amazon Fresh Store Associate Amazon Jobs – Long Beach, CA
See More: 1,000+ Amazon Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.
Sign up for job alerts
Be the first to know about new jobs by signing up for email alerts below.