Amazon.com Services LLC
Amazon jobs in California, United States. – Apply for Software Development Manager Amazon Jobs – Culver City, CA. See the descriptions, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 1618687
Job Title: Software Development Manager
Prime Video is disrupting the traditional television and movie industry with a massive library of high-quality media and reliable digital delivery. Our services are engineered for high availability, maximum reach, and cost savings we can pass on to customers. We enable the world to watch video instantly, from any device, whether on the road or from the comfort of a living room sofa
A day in the life
In this role, you will be engineering the next generation of systems that are responsible for constructing movies, series, seasons, episodes and live events into playable content that is available to millions of customers across our ecosystem of client devices. The systems you will design and build are high performance distributed systems capable of enabling the growth of Prime Video global business. Innovation is key on this team and we are looking for technically savvy software development manager with the ability to think big deliver simple solutions to complex problems.
About the hiring group
Catalog Distribution Services is a set of low latency, high availability tier 1 APIs that vend localized and customized catalog data across territories, locales and titles. We power PV experiences like storefront pages, browse carousels and detail Pages for all content types. 54 Prime Video Services call us every day with about 94K TPS on average across all our services. Our next gen services (e.g. Catalog Decoration Service) have much higher traffic expectations e.g. 400K TPS with a P90 latency SLA of 40ms for our core APIs.
· Recruit, hire, mentor, and manage a team of software engineers.
· Foster career growth and a strong team culture.
· Interface with internal customers to understand requirements, set priorities, and communicate direction and progress.
· Own all operational metrics and support for your team’s software.
· Manage the agile development process and methodology to deliver tech requirements on time and with a high-degree of precision and quality.
· Help develop long-term technology strategies.
We are looking for talented technical managers that have a strong technical background. If you like working on extremely challenging problems and have a good appreciation for Santa Monica weather, join us in the adventure of building best customer video service.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
· 7+ years of experience as a software developer
· 5+ years of experience managing people
· Experience developing and executing a software roadmap
· Experience managing front-end, back-end, and services-oriented software systems
· Experience leading highly-skilled software engineering teams
· Experience building teams and recruiting software engineers
· Working knowledge of databases, service-oriented architectures, and highly-scaled distributed systems
· Experience with Amazon Web Services
· Experience with mission critical, 24×7 systems
· Experience with high throughput cloud systems
· Experience implementing and consuming large scale web services
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Marketing Manager Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Senior BI Engineer Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Product Manager – Technical Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Sr. Product Manager – Technical, AWS IoT Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Software Development Engineer – University Amazon Jobs – Boston/Cambridge Area, MA
- UX Designer, Advertising: Emerging Products Amazon Jobs – New York Area, NY
- Reverse Logistics Business Manager Amazon Jobs – San Francisco Bay Area, CA
- UX Designer, Alexa Video Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Clinical Informatics – Product Manager, Technical Amazon Jobs – Bellevue, Washington
- International Tax Senior Manager Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
See More: 1,000+ Amazon Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.