Amazon.com Services LLC
Amazon jobs in California, United States. – Apply for Software Development Manager Amazon Jobs – Sunnyvale, California. See the descriptions, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 1621481
Job Title: Software Development Manager
Do you want to shape the future of controlling Echo and smart devices with Alexa? Do you want to enable developers to launch new Alexa capabilities in a fully automated manner? Do you want to lead, grow, and be part of a team that is building services used by thousands of developers and million of customers? If you said yes to any or all of those, come join the Alexa Connected Devices!
We are seeking a Software Development Manager to lead the development of highly visible control services that enable developers to launch new devices and capabilities.
A day in the life
You will be a member of the leadership team and a technical leader responsible for service development and operations. You will work with stakeholders from Alexa Echo devices or Smart Home to define roadmap, cost new requirements, make prioritization trade-offs, and track dependencies. You will brainstorm new ideas with principal engineers to address requirements, solve problems, and scale services. You will conduct sprint planning and daily scrum meetings to track your deliverables. You will review the operational and ticket dashboard to identify and prioritize customer issues resolution. You will coach, mentor your team members, plan their careers, and hire new team members. You will author docs to communicate vision and project updates.
About the hiring group
The mission of the capabilities team is to enable Alexa’s internal and third-party developers to launch new devices and capabilities. The changes we make directly affect the developer experience, and consequently end customers experience. The devices and capabilities that Alexa supports are growing, so this is a highly visible role. The ideal candidate is excited about the incredible opportunity that Alexa and Cloud represent, and is passionate about delivering high-quality services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift swiftly. Our newest leader will be customer-centric, enjoy working on complex software problems, possess analytical and problem-solving skills.
You will be responsible for setting goals, defining/developing/realizing the roadmap, identifying resource requirements and hiring against it, developing the careers of engineers, delivering high-quality software that exceeds customer expectations, writing docs to communicate vision, project status and operational reviews, and maintaining operational excellence of the system you own.
· 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
· Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
· 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
· Possesses analytical and problem-solving skills
· Proven experience in building, leading, managing, and mentoring engineering team.
· Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
· Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
· Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces
· Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
· Demonstrated ability to mentor software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality.
- IT Support Engineer II Amazon Jobs – Fort Wayne, IN
- IT Support Engineer II Amazon Jobs – Markham, IL
- IT Support Engineer II Amazon Jobs – University Park, IL
- Software Dev Engineer II Amazon Jobs – Austin, TX
- Software Dev Engineer I Amazon Jobs – Austin, TX
- AWS Intelligence Systems Development Engineer Amazon Jobs – Denver, CO
- Software Development Engineer Amazon Jobs – Dallas/Fort Worth Area, TX
- Senior Executive Producer, US Sports Production Amazon Jobs – Culver City, CA
- SDE, Alexa Experience Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Product Manager, AFE Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
See More: 1,000+ Amazon Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.
Sign up for job alerts
Be the first to know about new jobs by signing up for email alerts below.