Amazon.com Services LLC
Amazon jobs in Washington State, United States – Apply for Software Development Manager, Business Data Technologies Amazon Jobs – Seattle, WA. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 2292409
Job Title: Software Development Manager.
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
Amazon’s eCommerce Foundation (eCF) organization is responsible for the core components that drive the Amazon website and customer experience, serving millions of customer page views and orders per day.
As an organization within eCF, the Business Data Technology (BDT) group is no exception. BDT organization is at the center of Amazon’s data-driven culture, with responsibility for the business analytics platform, providing data and data curation capabilities to thousands of internal and external customers worldwide.
We are looking for an innovative engineering manager to own, build, and grow multiple BDT solutions. In this role, you will grow and lead a team that will design, develop, test, and operate large scale distributed systems that fulfill critical business functions with impact across Amazon. As a member of the BDT leadership team you will help set and meet goals and you will shape our long term technical and business strategy.
In this strategic, high-visibility role you will lead your team of high performing engineers to build, scale, monitor, and optimize the software solutions for AWS cloud. We are looking for a hands-on SDM with an established background in developing high volume and highly available services, strong technical ability, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a dynamic fast paced environment.
Your day-to-day responsibilities:
- Build a best-in-class engineering team that delivers excellent results through rapid iterations
- Design and develop state-of-the-art approaches to solving complex and ambiguous big data problems
- Cultivate engineering and operational excellence through metrics and continuous learning
- Provide thought leadership and establish technical vision for the team
- Mentor and grow high performing SDEs to take on increasingly higher responsibilities
- Think big and work with Senior leadership, business stakeholders and engineering teams to define vision, strategy and requirements.
- Own all metrics around initiative goals you will define. We make decisions based on data.
- Manage the agile development process and methodology to deliver tech requirements on time and with a high-degree of precision.
This is a role suitable for someone who wants to influence across organizations, work on high profile, high impact initiatives that impact Amazon’s bottom line.
- 7+ years of experience working directly within engineering teams
- Experience partnering with product OR program management teams
- 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
- 3+ years of experience architecting and designing (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science (or related program) with 6+ years of relevant experience
- Experience building highly-skilled software engineering teams from the ground up
- Experience developing and executing a software roadmap
- 5+ years of experience managing people and/or technical programs
- Experience delivering Big Data Analytics solutions
- Experience taking a lead role in architecting, designing, and building complex systems
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Experience with AWS (Redshift, S3, EMR, EC2, etc.)
- Embedded Software Development Engineer, Platform Software System engineering Amazon Jobs – San Diego, CA
- Software Development Engineer, Books Ads Amazon Jobs – Culver City, CA
- Front End Engineer Amazon Jobs – New York, NY
- Business Analyst, FinOps Services Amazon Jobs – Arlington, VA
- Senior Data Scientist, People eXperience and Technology Central Science Amazon Jobs – New York, NY
- Data Center Technician Amazon Jobs – Jessup, MD
- Sr Logistics Manager – eero Amazon Jobs – San Francisco, CA
- Sr. Program Manager, Strategy and Planning, Abuse Prevention Amazon Jobs – San Diego, CA
- Sr. Program Manager, Selling Partner Risk Amazon Jobs – Tempe, AZ
- Construction Project Manager Amazon Jobs – Herndon, VA
See More: 1,000+ Amazon Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.