Walmart jobs in California, USA – Apply for Software Engineer III Jobs at Walmart – SUNNYVALE, CA. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
What you’ll do…
It’s exciting time to join our Walmart journey. We are seeking a Software Engineer for a key position on Walmart’s continued initiative for Last Mile Delivery. Last Mile Delivery is the platform that powers Walmart’s Grocery and Same Day Delivery propositions. Last Mile Delivery is expected to grow multiple times over in the next few years. In this role, you will develop highly scalable services to process millions of requests per day and solve complex software engineering problems by leveraging state-of-the-art technology.
- Assists in providing guidance to small groups of two to three engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects by proving pertinent documents, directions, examples, and timeline.
- Provides support to the business by responding to user questions, concerns, and issues (for example, technical feasibility, implementation strategies); researching and identifying needed solutions; determining implementation designs; providing guidance regarding implications of new and enhanced systems; identifying short- and long-term solutions; and directing users to appropriate contacts for issues outside of associate’s domain.
- Manages small to large-sized complex projects by reviewing project requirements; translating requirements into technical solutions; researching and identifying alternative solutions; determining needed solution based on return on investment and value add to the business; gathering requested information (for example, design documents, product requirements, wire frames); writing and developing code; conducting unit testing; communicating status and issues to team members and stakeholders; collaborating with project team and cross functional teams; identifying areas of opportunity; interpreting information and identifying a solution; ensuring solution is sustainable across implementation and use; troubleshooting open issues and bug-fixes; and ensuring on-time delivery and hand-offs.
- Troubleshoots business and production issues by gathering information (for example, issue, impact, criticality, possible root cause); performing root cause analysis to reduce future issues; engaging support teams to assist in the resolution of issues; developing solutions; driving the development of an action plan; performing actions as designated in the plan; interpreting the results to determine further action; and completing online documentation.
- Participates in the discovery phase of small to medium-sized projects to come up with high level design by partnering with the product management, project management, business, and user experience teams.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
3+ years’ experience building large scale, distributed systems
Experience with Java & Spring Boot
Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases (MySQL, Cassandra, Azure Cosmos)
Experience with Big Data technologies (Apache Spark, Elasticsearch, Apache Flink, etc.)
Experience with distributed event streaming platforms (Kafka, Kinesis,etc)
Experience working on Azure Cloud
What you’ll do…
Develop software for our Last Mile Delivery Backend Systems
Design and implement pipelines to process real time delivery data
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service, or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 2 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 4 years’ experience in software engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Masters: Computer Science
840 W CALIFORNIA AVE, SUNNYVALE, CA 94086-4828, United States of America
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
To apply for this job please visit walmart.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.