Google jobs in North Carolina, USA – Apply for Software Engineering Manager II, Google Cloud Business Platforms Jobs at Google – Durham, NC. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
About the job
Like Google’s own ambitions, the work of a Software Engineer (SWE) goes way beyond just Search. SWE Managers have not only the technical expertise to take on and provide technical leadership to major projects, but also manage a team of engineers. You not only optimize your own code but make sure engineers are able to optimize theirs. As a SWE Manager you manage your project goals, contribute to product strategy and help develop your team. SWE teams work all across the company, in areas such as information retrieval, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, data compression, user interface design; the list goes on and is growing every day. Operating with scale and speed, our exceptional software engineers are just getting started — and as a manager, you guide the way.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $174,000-$276,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Set and communicate team priorities that support the broader organization’s goals. Align strategy, processes, and decision-making across teams.
- Set clear expectations with individuals based on their level and role and aligned to the broader organization’s goals. Meet regularly with individuals to discuss performance and development and provide feedback and coaching.
- Develop the mid-term technical vision and roadmap within the scope of your (often multiple) team(s). Evolve the roadmap to meet anticipated future requirements and infrastructure needs.
- Design, guide and vet systems designs within the scope of the broader area, and write product or system development code to solve ambiguous problems.
- Review code developed by other engineers and provide feedback to ensure best practices (e.g., style guidelines, checking code in, accuracy, testability, and efficiency).
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience in a technical leadership role; overseeing strategic projects, with 2 years of experience in a people management, supervision/team leadership role.
- Master’s degree or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 3 years of experience working in a complex, matrixed organization.
Other Related Jobs:
- Senior Software Engineer, Mobile (Android), Fitbit Jobs at Google – San Diego, CA
- Software Engineering Manager II, Google Cloud Storage Jobs at Google – New York, NY
- Administrative Business Partner III Jobs at Google – Mountain View, CA
- Research Scientist, Google Research Jobs at Google – Seattle, WA
- Software Engineer III, Google Cloud Unified Fulfillment Optimization Jobs at Google – Kirkland, WA
- Technical Program Manager III, Android, Chrome, and Play, Software Engineering Jobs at Google – Mountain View, CA
- Software Engineer III, Infrastructure, Google Cloud Application Modernization Jobs at Google – Seattle, WA
- Leadership Program Manager I, Supply Chain, Google Cloud Jobs at Google – Atlanta, GA
- Hardware Reliability Engineer, Google Cloud Jobs at Google – Sunnyvale, CA
- Software Engineer III, Performance, Core Jobs at Google – Sunnyvale, CA
See More: 1,000+ Google Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
Link to Apply
To apply for this job please visit accounts.google.com.