Amazon Web Services, Inc.
Amazon jobs in California, United States – Apply for Solutions Architect, AWS Startups (Early Stage Startups Team) Amazon Jobs – San Francisco, CA. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 2289538
Job Title: Solutions Architect.
Are you a former technical founder or early-stage employee? Do you live and breathe startups? Want to help early startups in the world’s top accelerators?
The AWS early-stage startup team works directly with many of the top startups in the world. You will spend your days working with early-stage founders and navigating across AWS and Amazon to enable startups to realize outsized success. The team is comprised of a rare group of high-caliber former founders and startup operators, working within Amazon to drive AWS strategy and support the next generation of entrepreneurs. We’re seeking team members who have founded companies or helped them get off the ground, and who get excited about working with and mentoring early-stage startup founders every day.
Startups are the large enterprises of the future. These young companies are founded by ambitious people who have a desire to build something meaningful and challenge the status quo. They seek to address underserved customers, or to challenge incumbents. They usually operate in an environment of scarcity: whether that’s capital, engineering resource, or experience. This is where you come in.
A day in the life
We are looking for technical builders who love the idea of working with early stage startups to help them as they grow. In this role, you’ll work directly with a variety of interesting customers and help them make the best (and sometimes the most pragmatic) technical decisions along the way. You’ll have a chance to build enduring relationships with these companies and establish yourself as a trusted advisor.
As well as spending time working directly with customers, you’ll also get plenty of time to “sharpen the saw” and keep your skills fresh. We have more than 175 services across a range of different categories and it’s important that we can help startups take advantages of the right ones. You’ll also play an important role as an advocate with our product teams to make sure we are building the right products and features for the startups you work with. And for the customers you don’t get to work with on a 1:1 basis you’ll share knowledge more broadly by working on technical content and presenting at events.
About the team
The AWS Startup Solutions Architecture team is dedicated to working with these early stage startup companies as they build their businesses. We’re here to make sure that they can deploy the best, most scalable, and most secure architectures possible – and that they spend as little time and money as possible doing so.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- 3+ years of design, implementation, or consulting experience in applications or infrastructures
- 8+ years within specific technology domain areas (e.g. software development, cloud computing, systems engineering, infrastructure, security, networking, data & analytics)
· 5+ years of experience architecting, building, or operating cloud-based applications or infrastructures
· 2+ yrs experience in a customer-facing role presenting to small and large audiences
· Working knowledge of cloud technologies or similar technical background, AWS experience is not required.
· Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
· Technical degree required, or equivalent work experience; Computer Science, Math or Engineering background desired
· Ability to travel, including out of state, up to 35% of the time
· In addition to broad technical depth, expertise in at least one domain: e.g., DevOps, Data & Analytics, Machine Learning, Serverless Computing etc.
· Intermediate or advanced experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS is preferred
· Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
· Experience developing and deploying modern application architectures, including serverless and containerized solutions
· Experience in the startup community as a founder, mentor, or early technical employee
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Senior Software Development Engineer (SDE-III) / Technical Lead, Physical Stores Advertising Amazon Jobs – Boston, MA
- Facility Operations Center Engineer, The Facility Operations Center Amazon Jobs – Herndon, VA
- Senior Product Manager, FinOps Amazon Jobs – Seattle, WA
- Software Development Engineer – Sponsored Products Search, Sponsored Product Sourcing Delivery Amazon Jobs – New York, NY
- Software Development Engineer, Amazon Attribution Amazon Jobs – New York, NY
- System Development Engineer II, Enterprise Engineering Amazon Jobs – Bellevue, WA
- Senior Software Development Engineer, EC2, AWS EC2 Amazon Jobs – US, Virtual
- Senior AWS Solutions Architect Amazon Jobs – Illinois
- Sr. Customer Success Mgr – Core, Strategic Account Services Amazon Jobs – US, Virtual
- Applied Scientist, Amazon Marketing Cloud Amazon Jobs – Santa Monica, CA
See More: 1,000+ Amazon Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.