Amazon Data Services, Inc.
Amazon jobs in Virginia, United States – Apply for Sr. ICT Design Engineer Amazon Jobs – Herndon, VA. See the job description, requirements, and link to apply.
Job ID: 2379502
Job Title: Sr. ICT Design Engineer.
This position can also be located in Austin, TX, Columbus, OH, or Seattle, WA.
As a Sr. ICT Design Engineer you will be part of a global engineering team, comprised of highly effective Architects, Structural, Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, and Control Engineers. AWS self-performs engineering on the majority of our capacity delivery projects. The AWS ICT Design and Engineering Team is a new fast-growing and leading-edge engineering team that is rethinking the design for the critical communications pathways that connect the various pieces of hardware inside AWS’ data centers. As we continue to grow, we are looking for team members that can help us innovate delivery if ICT components, support our speed to market, raise the bar, and have a desire for professional growth and continuous learning.
As a member of this team, you will work directly with engineers and managers across the company to develop connectivity solutions for the physical layer. You will work with the rest of the design team to provide pathway and cabling designs and specification for construction and permitting. You will also work with industry suppliers and manufacturers to develop product requirements and recommend new technologies.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Responsibilities of the Sr. ICT Design Engineer:
- Ensure timely delivery of scalable fiber optic & copper plant designs and specifications.
- Review and approval of ICT pathway, cable and equipment submittals.
- Identify and respond to risks and high-priority issues rapidly and effectively.
- Support new technology and design activities that improve infrastructure quality, reduce cost and installation time.
- Travel 20+% to review projects and coordinate with onsite personnel and contractors at AWS’ Data Centers.
This is an opportunity to leverage and grow your existing experience in an innovative and highly collaborative environment where the results of your work will directly impact AWS and its customers.
About the team
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud
platform. We pioneered cloud computing and never stopped innovating — that’s why customers
from the most successful startups to Global 500 companies trust our robust suite of products and
services to power their businesses.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, it’s in our nature to learn and be curious. Our employee-led affinity groups foster
a culture of inclusion that empower us to celebrate our differences. Ongoing events and learning
experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender
diversity) conferences, inspire us to never stop embracing our uniqueness.
We value work-life harmony. Achieving success at work should never come at the expense of
sacrifices at home, which is why flexible work hours and arrangements are part of our culture.
When we feel supported in the workplace and at home, there’s nothing we can’t achieve in the
Mentorship & Career Growth
We have a career path for you no matter what stage you’re in when you start here. We’re continuously raising our performance bar as we strive to become Earth’s Best Employer.
That’s why you’ll find endless knowledge-sharing, mentorship and other career-advancing
resources here to help you develop into a better-rounded professional.
- 5+ years Information and Communications Technology (ICT) design experience in Mission Critical Environments
- 10+ years of working experience with fiber optic components, cabling, and interconnect products, technologies, and standards
- BICSI RCDD Certification or internationally recognized equivalent (e.g. CDCDP, DCDC, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience developing design documentation (plans, specifications, etc.) for construction and/or permitting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science or other Related Field
- Professional Engineering (PE) Electrical License
- Experience work with colocation facilities to develop construction drawings and specifications
- Experience in Revit, AutoCAD or other Computer Aided Design Tools.
- Sr. Software Development Engineer, Sponsored Products Amazon Jobs – Seattle, WA
- Senior Manager, Applied Science, swami Team Amazon Jobs – Seattle, WA
- System Administrator, Data Center Systems Amazon Jobs – Seattle, WA
- Data Center Technician, ADC InfraOps DCO Amazon Jobs – Culpeper, VA
- Front-end Engineer, Security Review Tooling team Amazon Jobs – San Diego, CA
- Front-end Engineer II, WW Sustainability Amazon Jobs – Seattle, WA
- Sr Mgr, Theatrical Dist, MGM Amazon Jobs – West Hollywood, CA
- Executive Assistant – Studios Marketing, Amazon & MGM Studios Marketing Amazon Jobs – Culver City, CA
- Amazon Fresh Overnight Grocery Associate Amazon – Lorton, VA
- Amazon Go Retail Associate – Seattle, WA at Terry Ave Amazon Jobs – Seattle, WA
See More: 1,000+ Amazon Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.