Fedex jobs in Indiana, USA – Apply for Sr Manager – Facility Operations 4 Jobs at FedEx Ground – Zionsville, Indiana. See job descriptions, requirements, and the link.
Oversees the day to day operations and maintenance of largest Satellite facility in the FedEx Ground (FXG) network in terms of package volume. Ensures the facility is optimizing safety, security, productivity, quality, and service expectations. Supports the FedEx Ground (FXG) Safety Above All Culture. Ensures proper utilization of staffing as well as takes an active role in the hiring process for all management personnel. Plans, establishes, and execute business objectives to safely meet all operational goals for the facility. Ensures that customers’ expectations are met daily.
• Serves as a champion for FXG’s Safety Above All Culture and supports all related initiatives.
• Management responsibilities include, but are not limited to: hiring, terminations, coaching, skills development, recognition and rewards, performance management and staff productivity. Manages employee relations issues, ensures training compliance is up to date and works to reduce employee turnover. Provides annual performance evaluations and meets with staff daily to review service levels and performance as well as to obtain operational feedback.
• Plans, organizes, staffs, directs and controls the day-to-day operations of the department; develops and implements policies and programs as necessary. Responsible for on-time deliveries, productivity levels, safety standards and facility upkeep. Leads employees by example and maintain best practices for the work environment.
• Develops and manages the department budget; ensures compliance and addresses variances and other budget concerns. Adhere to budget requirements and work towards meeting district, region, and company-wide goals. Adjust facility budget resource allocation and usage as needed, to maximize efficiency resources.
• Ensures adherences to all aspects of the contract and holds all Independent Contractors (IC) and Independent Service Providers (ISP) accountable to the operating agreement. Develops relationships with vendors to help resolve problems and serves as liaison between contractor and vendor, as needed.
• Coordinates with other departments and FedEx Operational Companies (OpCo) in all aspects of operations (e.g., Linehaul, Engineering, Maintenance, Administration, Human Resources, district staff and Pittsburgh General Headquarters).
• Oversees the integrity of all licensing and permit requirements for the facility; including special guidelines and/or procedures to ensure federal, state, and local governmental compliance.(i.e., adhering to Environmental Protection Act (EPA) guidelines)
• Participates in the development of and responsible for administering company safety strategies and programs.
• Promotes a safe work environment through overseeing safety committees, training, and verifying all safety concerns are addressed. Ensures compliance with application safety regulations.
• Oversees the education and implementation of employee safety and accident/injury programs and prevention
• Measures the execution of performance standards, goals, measures, and takes corrective action and reports results as appropriate.
• Oversees corporate initiative roll out, develops improvement strategies, and monitors implementation within the facility.
• Verifies that all licensing and permit requirements are compliant with federal, state, and local government laws for the facility and/or ICs and ISPs.
• Verifies that the facility is in compliance with business controls and oversees the development of action plans to address deficiencies found during business control self audit (BCSA) and assists with other facility audits within the district. Oversees department audits, Control Self Monitoring (CSM), and dispatching and other audit processes.
• Participates with the district staff in the implementation of improvement strategies designed to enhance the overall performance of the facility.
• Leads and participates in company marketing and sales efforts and attends market council meeting to work together towards overall corporate goals. Assists in the establishment of customer service standards for all accounts and communicates these standards to all personnel.
• Participates as a member of the District Quality Counsel supporting the Quality process; facilitates the Quality Team utilizing the Quality Driven Management principles.
• Applies Quality Driven Management principles to promote continuous improvement.
• Ensures facility’s regulatory compliance with employment laws.
• Leads and supports community involvement efforts and drives corporate citizenship.
• High School diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Six (6) years’ experience required in direct management of employees and their performance, operational, or military leadership.
• A combination of above listed experience will also be accepted.
• Progressive management experience preferred.
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
• Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications.
• Verbal and written communication skills necessary to explain complex and/or confidential information.
• Presentation skills necessary to facilitate training and/or deliver informational sessions to groups and/or individuals.
• Time management and organizational skills necessary to manage multiple projects, appropriately prioritize workload, plan for resources to meet deadlines and goals, and respond to day-to-day functional needs.
• Ability to anticipate and identify problems and use sound judgment and fact-based analysis to develop effective and efficient solutions.
• Ability to inspire a shared vision and empower and motivate a team.
• Ability to mentor, coach and act as a knowledge resource to other employees.
• Knowledge of concepts, practices, policies and procedures related to FXG field operations, linehaul, and contractor relations.
• Strong people skills and attention to detail.
Address: 10301 Bennett Parkway
Zip Code: 46077
Domicile Location: FXG-US/USA/P461/North Indianapolis Colocation
Auto req ID: 363155BR
Position Type: Full time
Employee Type: Exempt
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforce
Search Engine Description: General
Supply Chain & Logistics
Warehouse & Distribution
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Warehouse Package Handler Jobs at FedEx Ground – Perrysburg, Ohio
- Warehouse Package Handler Jobs at FedEx Ground – Fort Myers, Florida
- Delivery Driver Jobs at FedEx Express – Northwood, Ohio
- Customer Service Agent Jobs at FedEx Express – Phoenix, Arizona
- Service Center Support PT Jobs at FedEx Freight – Zion, Illinois
- Equipment Support Admin Jobs at FedEx Freight – Harrison, Arkansas
- Manager- Hub & Outbound Systems Development Jobs at FedEx Ground – Moon Township, Pennsylvania
- Portfolio Program Manager Jobs at FedEx Ground – Moon Township, Pennsylvania
- Courier Jobs at FedEx Express – Indianapolis, Indiana
- Package Handler (Non DOT) Jobs at FedEx Express – Tampa, Florida
See More: 1,000+ FedEx jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit careers.fedex.com.