Amazon Kuiper Manufacturing
Amazon jobs in Washington State, United States – Apply for Sr Mechanical Design Engineer – Customer Terminals Amazon Jobs – Redmond, WA. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 2291225
Job Title: Sr Mechanical Design Engineer.
Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
We’re looking for an outstanding mechanical engineer to support development of our residential and commercial access terminals (terrestrial) that enable connection to Kuiper’s satellite constellation. You will be responsible for designing and trading a variety of mechanical system level design configurations for reliability, cost, and ease of installation. You will be the owner of all aspects of mechanical product design. You should have experience designing outdoor rated electronic devices, which have shipped at high volumes, and must have experience in all stages of the product lifecycle.
We are looking for candidates who thrive in a fast-paced startup like environment. To be successful, you need to be highly motivated and detail oriented while showing highest standards of execution.
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Key job responsibilities
· All aspects of assigned mechanical design, ensuring designs meet all cost and performance criteria.
· Working closely with other disciplines (EE, RF, Antenna) to achieve required price points that meet all performance and reliability requirements.
· Research and Identify operational requirements for worldwide deployments, trading skus vs costs.
· Develop prototypes and test methods that validate operational parameters across environments.
· Detailed design of selected product options, and manufacturing release for volume tooling.
· Build and qualification.
· BS in Mechanical Engineering
· 7+ years of experience with designing IP66 outdoor rated electronics/telecommunications products, and product certification markings/standards.
· 5+ years of product development experience with emphasis on complex electro-mechanical systems products that are manufactured, assembled and tested at high volume.
· 5+ years of experience with 3D CAD modeling (Siemens NX), tooling reviews and drawing release for production tooling.
· 5+ years of experience with designing for high volume manufacturing and assembly processes (should include multiple tools in several of: plastic injection / thermoforming, casting, sheet metal, machining, various finishing processes)
· Advanced degree (MS/PhD) in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, (or similar field)
· Thermal modeling (CFD) and environment simulation skills
· Highly experienced in successfully designing and qualifying electronics/telecommunications product for long term harsh outdoor environments
· Experienced in system optimization for signal attenuation reduction.
· Detailed system modeling experience and demonstrable experience using these models to drive design trades and design requirements
· Excellent written and oral communication abilities, with strong organizational and planning skills.
· Deep understanding of the business and customer needs, and can proficiently translate those needs into the right technology solution.
- Amazon Fresh Grocery Associate Amazon Jobs – Oak Lawn, IL
- Content Marketing Mgr, Amazon Publisher Services Amazon Jobs – New York, NY
- Amazon Robotics – Software Development Engineer (SDE) – Summer 2023, Robotic Strategy and Concepts Amazon Jobs – Westborough, MA
- Sr. Technical Program Manager, Amazon Ads Amazon Jobs – New York, NY
- Sr. Partner Development Manager Tech, Strategic Partner Development and Support Amazon Jobs – New York, NY
- Game Designer, Prime Gaming Amazon Jobs – Seattle, WA
- Software Development Engineer, AWS Jam Amazon Jobs – Seattle, WA
- Front End Engineer, AWS Jam Amazon Jobs – Seattle, WA
- Business Analyst, Abuse Prevention Amazon Jobs – Tempe, AZ
- Software Development Manager, Amazon Ads Amazon Jobs – Portland, OR
See More: 1,000+ Amazon Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.