Amazon Dev Center U.S., Inc.
Amazon jobs in Massachusetts, United States. – Apply for Sr. Software Development Manager Amazon Jobs – Boston/Cambridge Area, MA. See the description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 1732048
Job Title: Sr. Software Development Manager.
Amazon Web Services is looking for a Sr. Software Development Manager to join our AWS Batch engineering team. Our projects drive scalable distributed systems that provide an inexpensive and reliable compute platform for researchers, developers and engineers looking to run their workloads in a simple and efficient way, utilizing the power of the cloud.
The ideal candidate will be excited to learn and help us leverage the ever-increasing capabilities of the AWS services on behalf of our customers.
The Senior Software Development Manager (Sr. SDM) of AWS Batch in Boston will have responsibility for leading many aspects of our offerings, including the product portfolio, operations, and the product roadmap. They will hire and lead a team of software developers, and development managers to build and grow our service to meet a broad range of developer and customer needs. They will also develop resource requirements, influence our long-term technical strategy, help us develop the careers of talented teams of engineers, and ultimately enable us to deliver innovative new solutions rapidly.
The Sr. SDM role leading the AWS Batch business represents a rare opportunity to define and drive the next wave of Batch computing in the cloud.
· Recruit, develop, and lead development and operations team focused on our Batch business.
· Lead design, implementation, and deployment of a product roadmap to support customer needs and operational excellence.
· Demonstrate high levels of creativity and good technical judgment.
· Maintain a current understanding of industry and technology trends.
· Contribute to Amazon’s Intellectual Property through patents and/or external publications.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior engineers truly enjoy mentoring more junior engineers and engineers from non-traditional backgrounds through one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth. We try to assign projects and tasks based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
5+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
10+ years of relevant engineering experience
BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
Experience creating and running services at cloud scale
Exhibits excellent judgment
Hires great people. Develops great people
Has relentlessly high standards
Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
Expects and requires innovation in their team
Thinks big and has convictions
Has the innate ability to inspire passion in others.
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Systems Development Engineer Amazon Jobs – Arlington Area, VA
- IT Support Associate II Amazon Jobs – Mansfield, MA
- Procurement Coordinator, Launch – Amazon Physical Stores Amazon Jobs – Austin, TX
- Operations Manager Amazon Jobs – Reading, PA
- Operations Manager Amazon Jobs – Springfield, VA
- Snr Product Marketing Manager Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Sr. Product Manager – Tech, Halo Core Platform Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Human Resources Business Partner Amazon Jobs – Albuquerque, NM
- Business Analyst II Amazon Jobs – Las Vegas Area, NV
- Head of Subsurface Solutions, Energy Amazon Jobs – Houston, TX,
See More: 1,000+ Amazon Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.
Sign up for job alerts
Be the first to know about new jobs by signing up for email alerts below.