Amazon.com Services LLC
Amazon jobs in Tennessee, United States – Apply for Sr. Supply Chain Manager, Middle Mile, AMXL Supply Chain Amazon Jobs – Nashville, TN. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 2303071
Job Title: Sr. Supply Chain Manager.
Are you a visionary personality looking for an opportunity to think big and deliver results? Can you work on developing a holistic long-term Transportation Network strategy that will optimally flow millions of items from thousands of vendors to tens of millions of customers? Do you enjoy breaking down and solving complex problems for the benefit of a quickly expanding customer base, focusing first on our Customer and working backwards? Do you want to be part of a newly formed and growing organization that is designing and launching new business models across the world? If so, Amazon Extra Large (AMXL) is looking for you. The AMXL Delivery and Transportation team is looking for a Long Term Planning Manager to design and deliver a worldwide Amazon Heavy Bulky transportation network.
AMXL is a single-threaded organization that owns the end-to-end Customer experience for heavy and bulky products. AMXL consolidates supply chain, tech, FC operations, transportation, delivery stations, and last mile delivery. We also provide special handling services such as Room of Choice delivery, Haul-Away and Installation/Assembly for select items. AMXL currently has operations in NA & EU, with plans to expand to more countries this year.
This role involves working cross-functionally with multiple leaders, diving deep into data while simultaneously thinking big, building long-term strategic designs that optimize for cost, coverage, speed, and, most importantly, Customer experience. Communicating these designs and strategic visions, influencing leadership across retail, transportation operations, technology teams, and senior AMXL leadership are all daily functions of the role.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Transportation planning and network design
- Build Forecasting tools leading teams with advanced analytical, mathematical, and quantitative capabilities
- Own business goals to optimize Cost and Speed
- Develop deep understanding of transportation planning and optimization tools
- Partner with product, technical, operations and other network planning teams to build scalable solutions
Key job responsibilities
- Lead the Middle Mile Network Design and execution for a large program that has a significant impact on the overall business.
- Drive alignment with multiple stakeholders and partner teams to ensure seamless execution and successful delivery of the business objectives.
- Work across the NA organization in a cross-functional environment with the forecasting teams, Fulfillment Centers, Sort Centers, Delivery Stations and Technology teams
- Develop a standard planning process mechanism, delivers a robust operational plan, clearly documents assumptions and initiatives that need to be executed to meet the plan
- Create a feedback loop to improve the processes, sets aggressive yet achievable plans by partnering with cross functional teams and leads major network initiatives from design till implementation by collaborating with stakeholders: Peak, Prime Week, Regional and Continental optimizations, integrating specific network programs as needed.
- Monitor quality of the network initiatives implementation, monitors progress of initiatives and makes changes to the plan to reflect in the latest quarterly guidance
- Foster communication channels and collaboration with the different Supply Chain execution and Long-Term Planning teams
- Pull and report on data from numerous databases (using Excel, SQL and/or other data management systems)
- Actively seek WW AMXL collaboration & standardization of planning cadences/processes across geographies
- Engage other Amazon business units globally to share best practices and improve end to end outcomes for Amazon customers
About the team
The NA Supply Chain team is responsible for the end-to-end supply chain for AMXL, from initial inventory planning and placement, through fulfillment, middle mile, last mile delivery to the end customer, and back again through customer and vendor returns. Our mission is to set the benchmark not only for a world-class heavy/bulky supply chain, but supply chains in general, delivering best-in-class customer experience, speed and cost.
We care deeply, and take explicit actions to improve the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion of our team. We recognize that we have much work still to do, and are committed to continually raising the bar to build a team that embraces this commitment. We seek leaders that are wholeheartedly committed to this goal, and will challenge us to raise the bar further.
This role can be based in either Seattle or Nashville.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Operations Research, Statistics or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of Program Management/Supply Chain experience in a similar industry.
- Intermediate experience driving decisions through data and analytics, utilizing tools such as SQL, Tableau, and Excel
- MBA or Master’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Operations Management or related field
- 3+ years of experience in transportation operations, carrier management and transportation systems
- 3+ years in middle/last mile delivery (home delivery for large items/ heavy bulky products)
- Demonstrated experience simplifying on a large scale and gain buy-in from senior leaders.
- Demonstrated experience in distribution or transportation of high value large items/ heavy bulky products
- Demonstrated experience in network design and optimization.
- Intermediate experience and desire to work in a hands-on role with operators in order to identify areas of improvement.
- Engineering Operations Technician Amazon Jobs – San Francisco, CA
- Sr. Strategic Sales Specialist -Healthcare, Amazon Business Amazon Jobs – Seattle, WA
- Operations Manager Amazon Jobs – Tracy, CA
- Loss Prevention Manager Amazon Jobs – Tracy, CA
- Health & Safety Project Manager, Data Center Health and safety Amazon Jobs – Herndon, VA
- Maintenance Tech III Amazon Jobs – Phoenix, AZ
- Brick Deployment, TIPM, BaND Amazon Jobs – Seattle, WA
- Construction Manager, SFO Data Center Construction Amazon Jobs – Santa Clara, CA
- Data Center Project Manager, Critical Projects Implementation Amazon Jobs – Chantilly, VA
- Construction Project Manager, Data Center Construction Amazon Jobs – Herndon, VA
See More: 1,000+ Amazon Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.