Amazon.com Services LLC
Amazon jobs in California, United States. – Apply for Sr. Technical Program Manager Amazon Jobs – Sunnyvale, California. See the descriptions, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 1617411
Job Title: Sr. Technical Program Manager
Do you like Alexa? Do you have a passion for cars? Do you like working on the bleeding edge of technology? Alexa Automotive is looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager to work on enabling Alexa – the voice controlled AI behind the Amazon Echo – in cars.
A day in the life
The Technical Program Manager position requires excellent leadership skills, strong technical expertise, and hands-on project management skills. The right candidate is adept at writing technical specifications, owning program schedules from design to release, partnering effectively across organizations and with multiple technology teams, within and outside of Amazon, and managing large, complex launches.
In this role, you will wear many hats. You must possess a combination of strong technical skills and business acumen, as well as a do-what-it-takes attitude. You must be a strong leader, able to communicate clearly across all levels of the company. You don’t want to be part of an industry movement; you want to be out front leading it. If this sounds like you, we’d like to speak with you
About the hiring group
Alexa Auto’s vision is to bring the Alexa experience into the car, so you can take her with you on the go. Voice technology shines in environments where you’re occupied with other tasks. That’s a big reason why Alexa has become so popular in places like the kitchen or living room, and why we see the opportunity in automotive as big as the smart home. With Alexa in the car, customers can use their voice to play music, control in-cabin comfort features like AC/heater, control smart home devices from the car, and access tens of thousands of skills built by third-party developers – all while keeping their hands on the wheel and eyes on the road.
A successful candidate has a strong passion for customers and developers, and experience presenting platform strategies. Ideally you have a background that spans solutions integration, software development, and product management. You must be highly analytical, able to work effectively across multiple organizations, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple products and applications that developers and customers love.
· Own planning and delivery of Alexa Voice Services products in the automotive space
· Manage cross-team dependencies, risks, and tradeoffs against developer experience, customer experience, and time to market
· Drive architecture, engineering and integration decisions, and timelines across multiple teams and organizations
· Establish business processes and policies, as well as metrics and indicators for success
· Develop, report, and continually improve business performance metrics
· Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
· 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
· Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
· 5+ years of technical program management experience
· 7+ years’ experience in technical program management, preferably in embedded systems, web services, IoT, consumer electronics or related field
· Experience coordinating cross-functional teams in both hardware and software engineering
· Experience building agile processes, project management, and managing release schedules
· Experience managing multiple, fast-paced initiatives
· Strong interpersonal, communication, and writing skills
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or a related technical discipline
· Experience working with OEMs and a thorough understanding of manufacturing phases and timelines
· Experience with speech-related hardware systems
· Advanced technical degree or MBA
- Business Development Manager – Amazon Locker / Pick-Up Amazon Jobs – Bellevue, Washington
- Account Executive Amazon Jobs – New York Area, NY
- Senior Product Manager – Automotive, Amazon Music Amazon Jobs – Atlanta, Georgia
- Senior Program Manager, Program Management, Finance Operations Business Partnership Amazon Jobs – Arlington Area, VA
- Senior Applied Scientist – Machine Learning Amazon Jobs – New York Area, NY
- Project Manager Amazon Jobs – Hawthorne, CA.
- System Development Engineer II Amazon Jobs – Sunnyvale, California
- Principal Design Technologist Amazon Jos – Seattle, Washington
- Sr. Product Manager, Alexa Smart Home Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Technical Program Manager Amazon Jobs – Arlington Area, VA
See More: 1,000+ Amazon Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.
Sign up for job alerts
Be the first to know about new jobs by signing up for email alerts below.