Amazon Dev Center U.S., Inc.
Amazon jobs in Washington State, United States – Apply for Sr. Technical Program Manager, AWS Elastic Load Balancing Amazon Jobs – Seattle, WA. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 2291166
Job Title: Sr. Technical Program Manager.
AWS Elastic Load Balancing (ELB) enables customers to build large scale highly available services. ELB automatically distributes incoming application traffic across multiple targets, such as Amazon EC2 instances, containers, IP addresses, and Lambda functions. ELB provides the entry point for building hyper scale, fault tolerant applications. While ELB has seen tremendous growth since launch, we are still in the early stages of realizing its full potential.
We’re seeking a Senior Technical Program Manager (TPM) for the ELB team. You will drive initiatives to build new regions and availability zones, host patching, automation, driving cost efficiency and programmatic feature delivery. These initiatives enable us to provide better manageability, to scale to even larger footprint, to stay in compliance and to improve our efficiency. As the program manager responsible for driving these initiatives, you will work directly with teams of highly motivated engineers that thrive on solving challenging problems with innovative solutions. As a TPM, you will have the autonomy, ownership, and responsibility to define and execute on complex programs as per the needs of the business. You will create and track metrics to define the success of your initiatives, identify risks, and build data-based cases for your decisions.
The right candidate will possess a strong program management background, will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects, and will have a well-rounded technical background in a number of infrastructure technologies, web services architecture and security. This is a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift quickly. You should be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. As a TPM, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.
Inclusive Team Culture
Our team is diverse! We drive towards an inclusive culture and work environment. We are intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Team members are active in Amazon’s 10+ affinity groups, sometimes known as employee resource groups, which bring employees together across businesses and locations around the world. These range from groups such as the Black Employee Network, Latinos at Amazon, Indigenous at Amazon, Families at Amazon, Amazon Women and Engineering, LGBTQ+, Warriors at Amazon (Military), Amazon People With Disabilities, and more.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives. This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don’t like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don’t get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
* 6+ years of Technical Program Management experience in a related industry.
* Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field.
* Experience managing efforts in Unix/Linux environments, distributed systems and/or developing large scale web/networking services.
* Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects.
- Amazon Fresh Store Zone Lead (Full Time) Amazon Jobs – Federal Way, WA
- Technical Program Manager , PeopleTech Security Amazon Jobs – US, Virtual
- Security Risk Manager, PeopleTech Security Amazon Jobs – US, Virtual
- Senior Program Manager, AWS Worldwide Specialist TAM Amazon Jobs – US, Virtual
- Business Intelligence Engineer, AWS Enterprise Support Amazon Jobs – US, Virtual
- Data Engineer, Analytics & Data Management Amazon Jobs – New York City, NY
- Software Development Engineer , AWS Identity Amazon Jobs – US, Virtual
- Applied Scientist, Amazon Ads Identity Amazon Jobs – Palo Alto, CA
- Sr Mechanical Design Engineer – Customer Terminals Amazon Jobs – Redmond, WA
- Amazon Fresh Grocery Associate Amazon Jobs – Oak Lawn, IL
See More: 1,000+ Amazon Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.