Amazon Dev Center U.S., Inc.
Amazon jobs in Washington State, United States. – Apply for Sr. Technical Program Manager – CloudFront Capacity Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington. See the descriptions, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 1618643
Job Title: Sr. Technical Program Manager – CloudFront Capacity
Do you enjoy watching the latest movies, television shows, or sporting events on your computer, tablet or smartphone? Do you hate waiting for your pages to load or your show to re-buffer? Good – us too.
Amazon CloudFront is a web service for content delivery and one of the cornerstones of AWS. We bring the Internet closer to end users, speeding up the user experience. CloudFront integrates with other Amazon Web Services to give developers and businesses an easy way to distribute content (webpages, games, movies, live streams, etc.) to end users with low latency and high data transfer speeds. CloudFront uses a global network of edge locations to cache and route requests to the best possible location based on known latency, available capacity and many other factors. We build for massive scale and performance. We have no shortage of bright ideas but we need you help to turn them into reality.
We are looking for experienced Technical Program Managers with experience in Forecasting, Modeling, Networking, Hardware and Infrastructure that will manage new initiative programs that provides exposure to solve interesting problems across organizations. You will drive building a program from scratch to launch new products and develop processes for large scale deployment. We’re looking for an ambitious self-starter with a passion for cloud computing and who can serve as a strong advocate for our customers. We need strong technical candidates with proven analytical capabilities, strong persuasive writing skills, internet business experience, and the tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment.
As a part of the CloudFront team, you will:
· Provide a service that is core to all modern Internet businesses.
· Be in charge of the complete process development for launching a new product, capacity management and scaling.
· Operate an AWS business with globally distributed servers and customers at a massive scale.
· Own one of the lowest latency and highest throughput services in all of AWS.
· Have the opportunity to work closely with a great team of software developers, network engineers and infrastructure development owners.
· Understand what it takes to grow and operate a global business at our scale.
· Establish and execute integral parts of the core CloudFront roadmap.
· See the impact your work has on real customers.
· Create order from ambiguity.
· Build strong partnerships with customer, stakeholders and peer teams that are as passionate as you about this mission.
· Take ownership and do what it takes to get the job done.
· Want to deliver capacity at a massive scale for a service used by millions of people.
· Use data to make decisions and validate assumptions.
· Learn from others and help grow those in your team to achieve their best.
· Will interact directly with key customers and other AWS services.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a closely related field; or equivalent experience
· 7+ years of experience managing large scale programs across geographies
· 3+ years of experience writing and defending business plans/justifications
· Master’s Degree in Computer Science or a closely related field
· Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
· Must be a self-starter and motivated
· Build effective processes to build capacity at large scale
· Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
· Computer Science fundamentals and technical architecture and design skills
· Deep knowledge of processes involved in launching a new program.
· Thorough understanding of infrastructure build processes.
· Familiarity with Linux development environment
· Work experience delivering one or more V1 products, ideally in a startup or similar setting
· Experience building large-scale web services backed by cloud services, such as AWS
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Experience operating large scale systems
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Senior Marketing Manager – Amazon Business Canada Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- AWS Finance Manager Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- SW QA Engineer Amazon Jobs – San Francisco Bay Area, CA
- Campaign & Creative Manager Amazon Jobs – New York Area, NY
- Software Development Manager Amazon Jobs – Culver City, CA
- Marketing Manager Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Senior BI Engineer Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Product Manager – Technical Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Sr. Product Manager – Technical, AWS IoT Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Software Development Engineer – University Amazon Jobs – Boston/Cambridge Area, MA
See More: 1,000+ Amazon Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.