The Home Depot
The Home Depot jobs in Georgia, USA – Apply for STAFF SOFTWARE ENGINEER Jobs at The Home Depot -Atlanta, GA. See job descriptions, requirements, and the link to apply.
The Staff Software Engineer is responsible for leading a team of engineers building and designing a product that our customers and associates love. As a Staff Software Engineer, you will be part of a dynamic team with engineers of all experience levels who help each other build and grow technical and leadership skills while creating, deploying, and supporting production applications. In addition, Staff Software Engineers will assist in product and tool selection, configuration, security, resilience, performance tuning and production monitoring.
Staff Software Engineers contribute to foundational code elements that can be reused as well as architectural diagrams and other product-related documentation.
As a Staff Software Engineer, you will be a core player on the product team and are expected to build and grow the skillsets of the more junior Engineers.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
50% Delivery and Execution – Develops, tests, deploys, and maintains software, with a clear understanding of the value the software is to provide; Takes a broad view when approaching issues; using a global lens; Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances; Develops test suites (functional, destructive, etc) to enable success, rapid deployment of code to production; Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm; Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances
10% Learns and Grows – Actively seeks ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels; Learns through successful and failed experiment when tackling new problems
20% Plans and Aligns – Creates new and better ways for the organization to be successful; Delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences; Works the Product Team to ensure user stories are developer ready, easy to understand and testable; Collaborates with other team members in agile processes; Relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people; Adapts approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations
20% Supports and Enables – Fields questions from product and engineering teams; Helps grow junior engineers by providing guidance on modern software development frameworks, and leading technical discussions; Notes gaps on the team and provides suggestions for changes to make the team more productive
Nature and Scope:
This position typically reports to Software Engineer Manager or Sr. Manager. This position typically has 0 Direct Reports
This position typically reports to Software Engineer Manager or Sr. Manager
For Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada and New York City residents: The pay range for this position is between $50,000 and $180,000. Starting salary may vary based on a number of factors including, but not limited to, the position being offered, location, education, training, and/or experience. The Home Depot offers additional competitive financial and non-financial benefits, which may include a performance-based bonus program or a profit sharing program depending on position.
Environmental Job Requirements:
1. Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
No travel required.
Standard Minimum Qualifications:
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience:
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
– 3-5 years of relevant work experience
– Experience in effective data modeling with both Relational and NoSQL databases
– Experience with security frameworks for user and services authorization and authentication
– Experience with creating and executing unit, functional, destructive and performance tests
– Experience with modern debugging and root cause analysis techniques
– Experience with version control system
– Experience in designing systems for High Availability, Disaster Recovery, Performance, Efficiency, and Security
– Exposure to developing technical roadmaps including work estimation, refactoring and modernizing legacy systems
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
– Global Perspective
– Manages Ambiguity
– Nimble Learning
– Cultivates Innovation
– Situational Adaptability
– Communicates Effectively
– Drives Results
– Interpersonal Savvy
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- HDMS CONTACT CENTER SALES MANAGER Jobs at The Home Depot -Atlanta, GA
- CORPORATE SECURITY OFFICER Jobs at The Home Depot -Dallas, TX
- KITCHEN OR BATH DESIGNER – DESIGN CENTER Jobs at The Home Depot -Rockville, MD
- SENIOR PRODUCT SUPPORT SPECIALIST – USER RESEARCH Jobs at The Home Depot -Atlanta, GA
- SENIOR ANALYST – WFM SYSTEMS GOVERNANCE (REMOTE) Jobs at The Home Depot -Atlanta, GA
- SENIOR ANALYST – WFM SYSTEMS GOVERNANCE (REMOTE) Jobs at The Home Depot -Phoenix, AZ
- MANAGER, SUPPLY CHAIN ANALYTICS (REMOTE) Jobs at The Home Depot -Atlanta, GA
- SENIOR ANALYST, MET OPERATIONS PROCESS Jobs at The Home Depot -Atlanta, GA
- STORE MANAGER Jobs at The Home Depot -Lafayette, IN
- FINANCIAL SYSTEMS INTEGRATION MANAGER – INVENTORY WORKSTREAM Jobs at The Home Depot -Atlanta, GA
See More: 1,000+ The Home Depot jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit careers.peopleclick.com.
Sign up for job alerts
Be the first to know about new jobs by signing up for email alerts below.