Amazon Kuiper Manufacturing
Amazon jobs in Washington State, United States – Apply for Structural Analysis Engineer – Primary Structures, Structural Integrity and Analysis Amazon Jobs – Redmond, WA. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 2293664
Job Title: Structural Analysis Engineer – Primary Structures.
Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
To deliver on that mission, Amazon is looking for talented candidates who combine superb technical, research and analytical capabilities with a demonstrated ability to get the right things done quickly and effectively. We’re looking for people who innovate and love solving hard problems and building hardware. You will work hard, have fun, and make history!
This structural analysis engineer must have a background in spacecraft development, and must be able to understand the balance between engineering judgment versus analysis rigor and when each is appropriate.
Key job responsibilities
- Perform structural analysis tasks;
- Document stress analysis substantiating engineering drawings and documents;
- Support test execution, analyze results, and document verification of structural requirements;
- Support production and operation support activities through analysis of non-conformances, investigating failures, and analyzing improvements;
- Supporting configuration development and trade studies;
- Maintain and report on activity schedule, budget and technical status;
- Support internal/external design reviews, technical interchange meetings (TIMs), preliminary/critical design reviews (PDR/CDR)
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
A day in the life
This Structures Analysis Engineer will be a SME in primary structures and is responsible for system level FEM model and all the interface/coordination that comes with it. The person will know how to build a model that is appropriate for the analysis being performed.
About the team
The Structural Integrity and Analysis team is responsible for Structural Integrity of not only the spacecraft but all other commodities supporting the program, inside and outside of Mechanical Engineering group.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering field, or equivalent experience;
- 5+ years of experience with aircraft, spacecraft, or launch vehicle structures;
Experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Vehicle load path definition, development of freebody diagrams and, strength analysis (both metallic and composite structures);
- Classical aerospace sizing methods;
- Experience with one or more of the following analysis codes: Nastran, Ansys, Abaqus (including experience with FEM modeling techniques such as boundary conditions, element types, structural idealization, bolted connections, contact, verification methods, etc.);
- Analysis of stability critical structures;
- Bolted joint calculations: bolt preload, joint stiffness, shear-tension interaction and, insert pull-out
- Master’s degree in mechanical engineering, materials science, or aerospace engineering, or related field;
- Programming skills in VBA/Python/Matlab;
- CAD experience – Siemens NX (or equivalent);
- Loss Prevention Specialist Amazon Jobs – Mt. Juliet, TN
- Data Scientist, Science & Design Leadership Recruiting & Academic Partnerships (SDLAP) – Market Intelligence Amazon Jobs – Seattle, WA
- A&A Project Manager Amazon Jobs – Annapolis Junction, MD
- Embedded Software Development Engineer, Platform Software System engineering Amazon Jobs – San Diego, CA
- Software Development Engineer, Books Ads Amazon Jobs – Culver City, CA
- Front End Engineer Amazon Jobs – New York, NY
- Business Analyst, FinOps Services Amazon Jobs – Arlington, VA
- Senior Data Scientist, People eXperience and Technology Central Science Amazon Jobs – New York, NY
- Data Center Technician Amazon Jobs – Jessup, MD
- Sr Logistics Manager – eero Amazon Jobs – San Francisco, CA
See More: 1,000+ Amazon Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.