Amazon.com Services LLC
Amazon jobs in Tennessee, United States. – Apply for Support Engineer II Amazon Jobs – Nashville, TN. See the description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 1642580
Job Title: Support Engineer II.
Under the purview of Global Security Operations (GSO), the mission of Global Reporting Intelligence Team (GRIT) is to provide its customers a best in class reporting platform focused on data and its ability to inform, anticipate, and identify risk impacting GSO. As a Support Engineer you are responsible to contribute in designing and maintaining a risk analytics platform, in addition to developing and supporting analytic technologies that give our customers flexible and structured access to their data. You will also be responsible for designing and implementing solutions using third-party and/or in-house reporting tools, modeling metadata, building reports and administering the solution.
· Collect, identify, and prioritize analytical problem statements to ensure the BI team works on the highest impact projects and earn stakeholder trust.
· Own the design, development, maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analysis, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions.
· Propose, define and align leaders on the right metrics to track business performance and own end-to-end production of these metrics.
· Demonstrated ability in formulating analytical business problem statements, executing the analysis and presenting insights in crisp business language.
· Have the ability to Think Big (while paying careful attention to detail). As a leader in this space you should have the ability and empowerment to bring change, propose ideas, and deliver results that add value to the organization.
· Thrive working in a fast-paced and global team.
· Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative/technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering).
· Relevant experience in one of the following areas: data science, data engineering, business intelligence or business analytics.
· Experience with processing large data sets and generating analytics.
· Experience in writing SQL, data modeling, data mining (SQL, ETL, data warehousing) and using databases in a business environment with complex datasets. Proficiency in writing complex, highly-optimized SQL queries across large datasets.
· Experience with data extraction using SQL, ad-hoc reporting, manipulation of raw data, creation and updating of pivot tables and metrics presentations.
· Bachelor’s degree in analytics, computer science or data engineering.
· Experience is building dashboards and use of data visualization tools such as Tableau, Quick Sight, or equivalent.
· Ability to manage competing priorities simultaneously and drive projects to completion.
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence and effectively communicate technical information to internal/external customers who are both technical and non-technical.
· Ability to create dashboards and reports in an actionable way to drive business change.
· Experience with RedShift or any other data warehouses is a plus.
· Ability to identify and resolve issues independently in a rapidly changing environment; taking initiative in ambiguous circumstances.
· Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
· Experience with Amazon Big Data Technologies and Tableau is a plus.
Other Related Jobs:
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.
Sign up for job alerts
Be the first to know about new jobs by signing up for email alerts below.