Department of the Army
Government jobs in Georgia, USA – Apply for SURFACE MAINTENANCE MECHANIC – TITLE 32 Jobs at Department of the Army – Washington, GA. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This position is for a Surface Maintenance Repairer, Position Description Number D1194000 located in the Joint Force Headquarters-Georgia, Logistics Directorate (J-4), Surface Maintenance Facility at Washington, GA.
This is a full-time, Excepted Permanent, dual status position which requires Georgia Army National Guard Membership.
Area of Consideration: Members of the Georgia Army National Guard
As a Surface Maintenance Repairer, WG-5801-10, you will:
Troubleshoot, perform maintenance and major repairs on heavy-duty mobile equipment, combat, tactical and automotive vehicles.
Troubleshoot, repair and overhaul major systems to include internal combustion engines, turbine engines, automatic and nonautomatic transmissions, heavy duty drive line systems, and hydraulic utility systems and controls.
Make repairs to assemblies and components such as voltage regulators, generators/alternators, brake cylinders, etc.
Perform work in accordance with modification work orders, technical manuals, lubrication orders, maintenance bulletins, regulations or management policies.
Troubleshoot equipment and diagnose the cause of mechanical failures by means of visual and auditory checks and/or uses test equipment such as engine analyzers, compression testers, voltmeters, ohmmeters, pressure gauges, and computer diagnostic tools.
Remove and disassemble engines and major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, and fuel, hydraulic, and oil pressure systems.
Independently perform repairs and maintenance functions in remote locations that can be accomplished by removing, cleaning, reinstalling, or replacing defective parts of components and systems such as injectors, leaking wheel cylinders, corroded mufflers, fuel tanks, brake cylinders and worn brake shoes, voltage regulators, generators, injector pumps, and fuel pumps.
Conduct readiness and repair inspections on vehicles and associated equipment supported by the activity.
May maintain and repair electronics communication equipment by removing and replacing components and elements.
Assist in the maintenance of production reports and records, and make recommendations to the supervisor.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Conditions of Employment
- NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED
- This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the employing state’s National Guard, required prior to the effective date of placement.
- Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform.
- Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
- Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
- For positions requiring the operation of motor vehicles, candidates must have a valid state driver?s license.
- Preplacement Medical Requirements: Selectee will be required to undergo medical testing, at the expense of the government, prior to beginning employment. Medical tests are used to determine fitness and eligibility for employment.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain the appropriate security clearance of the position.
- This position is covered by the Domestic Violence Misdemeanor Amendment (30 Sep 96) of the Gun Control Act (Lautenberg Amendment) of 1968. An individual convicted of a qualifying crime of domestic violence may not perform the duties of this position.
- Ability to establish effective professional working relationships with coworkers and customers, contributing to a cooperative working environment and successful accomplishment of the mission.
- May occasionally be required to work other than normal duty hours; overtime may be required.
- The duties and responsibilities of your job may significantly impact the environment.
- You are responsible to maintain awareness of your environmental responsibilities as dictated by legal and regulatory requirements, your organization, and its changing mission.
Military Grades: E4 – E8
Compatible Military Assignments: WOBR: 12, 13, 14, 19, 25, 91, 92, 94, or 882A
ECMF: 12, 13, 14, 19, 25, 88, 91, 92, or 94
General Experience: Must possess experience which demonstrates knowledge of equipment to be able to do routine jobs, simple preventative maintenance tasks, and is able to use common tools and equipment in the line of work.
Specialized Experience: Candidate must have 18 months specialized experience diagnosing, repairing, overhauling, and modifying more complex vehicles, equipment, and more complicated systems. Experience which has provided a thorough knowledge of diagnostic equipment. Experience applying independent judgment in determining methods and techniques required to solve unusually complex maintenance and repair problems. Experienced in testing, inspecting, and evaluating the work performed on vehicles, equipment and systems.
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx).
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
Permanent Change of Station (PCS) allowances may be authorized, subject to the provisions of the Joint Travel Regulations and an agency determination that a PCS move is in the Government Interest.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
Thorough knowledge of the mechanical makeup, operation, and working relationships of complex systems, assemblies, and parts for a variety of combat, tactical, commercial, special purpose vehicles and equipment.
Ability to diagnose, repair, overhaul, and modify a variety of combat, tactical, commercial, special purpose vehicles and equipment.
Knowledge of electrical, electronic, hydraulic, pneumatic, and other non-mechanical systems that have a functional relationship and effect on the operation of mechanical systems.
Knowledge of hydraulic lifting, loading, turning, and positioning systems and their mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, and electronic controls.
Basic knowledge of electronics, sufficient to identify and replace defective components, such as sensors, diodes, and circuit boards.
Ability to repair or overhaul major components such as diesel, multi-fuel or gasoline engines, turbine engines, automatic and manual transmissions, drive line assemblies, electrical and electronic systems and accessories, fuel injection systems, and emission control systems.
Skill to use a wide variety of test and diagnostics equipment to perform fault isolation and conduct repair of combat, tactical, commercial, special purpose vehicles and equipment.
Ability to operate and understand original equipment manufacturer computerized diagnostic equipment and embedded diagnostics.
Ability to utilize, interpret and apply parts list, manufacturer’s repair manuals, technical manuals, diagrams, engineering drawings, diagnostic computer information, and schematics.
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
Your resume showing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates (including Month and Year, e.g., 02/2017, Feb 2017, etc.) of employment and duties performed.
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- TRAINING INSTRUCTOR (BRIDGE) Jobs at Department of the Navy – Bremerton, WA
- Procurement Analyst ROSTER Jobs at Department of the Treasury – Washington, DC
- Physician – Diagnostic Radiologist Jobs at Department of Veterans Affairs – Rome, NY
- Registered Nurse – OCA (Sheridan, WY VAHCS Employees Only) Jobs at Department of Veterans Affairs – Afton, WY
- PURCHASING AGENT Jobs at Department of the Navy – Keyport, WA
- Explosives Handler Jobs at Department of the Army – Crane, IN
- Biological Scientist (Environmental) Jobs at Department of the Air Force – Gunter AFB, AL
- Lead Contract Specialist Jobs at Legislative Branch – Washington, DC
- Physician (Hospitalist) Jobs at Department of Veterans Affairs – Leavenworth, KS
- Physician (Thoracic Surgery) Jobs at Department of Veterans Affairs – Kansas City, MO
See More: 1,000+ Government Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit secure.login.gov.