Consulting jobs in New York State, USA – Apply for System Consultant – Remote Jobs at Thomson Reuters – New York, NY (Remote). See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
The pre-sales System Consultant is to provide strategic prospective customers with technical expertise, build quality relationships at senior levels with both IT and Business leaders and professionals, conduct thorough needs analysis for targeted demonstrations, uncover potential objections, and assist in defining the competitive landscape. This will include activities such as needs analysis calls (discovery calls), filling out RFPs, product presentations, integration demonstrations, technical deep dives, follow-up technical calls, one-off demonstrations with the intent to educate, and work with the sales team to create the “complete solution” during the pre-sales process.
They will have a proven track record of solving complex problems, answering prospects’ and team members’ detailed product questions, and preparing and performing detailed product demonstrations to large corporate customers. This individual will report to the System Consulting Manager and participate in mentoring and cross-training of a remote team of System Consultants.
Locations: can be based in/near any major US city.
About the Role:
In this opportunity you will:
- Be a technical subject matter expert and lead client facing demos and presentations to support the sales organization
- Work closely with sales executives and fellow solution consultants to achieve sales targets
- Be able to professionally represent and sell Thomson Reuters tax technology and business services/solutions to all levels of large corporate customers
- Be able to articulate Thomson Reuters value proposition as it relates to each prospect’s unique critical business issues using customized solution demonstrations
- Establish strong relationships with customers and provide business process consulting to ensure clients achieve maximum business return
- Performs extensive needs analysis and client contact before product demonstrations
- Performs focused, professional product demonstrations
- Responds to RFPs with detail and professionalism
- Assists account executives in preparation of proposals
- Answers one-off questions from potential customers
- Maintains and continually upgrades technical understanding of products
- Provides technical leadership and ensures technical issues are resolved
- Work with other Thomson Reuters organizations to enhance solution offerings and provide feedback and direction from the field
- Visit customers and develop relationships to provide insight and value-add stories to the sales cycle
- Travels within assigned territories as required
- Ensures recruitment and training of staff to achieve business objectives
- Provides guidance and leadership on performance management and employee development
- Participate in mentoring and helping develop other members of the System Consultant team
- Ensures that all team members work efficiently to achieve the highest level of client satisfaction
You’re a fit for the role if you have:
- The ideal candidate has experience in working on tax automation integration of a major cloud ERP platform of a tax engine vendor (e.g. Thomson Reuters, Vertex, or Avalara)
- Experience with Oracle Cloud ERP, especially configuring and setting up tax configurations within Oracle Fusion Tax
- Familiarity with the best practices of managing tax regimes and transaction tax flow within Oracle Order Management, Procurement, and Financials
- Understanding of cloud deployments – hands-on experience and familiarity with cloud deployment strategies (Oracle Cloud, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, and/or Microsoft Azure) is a plus
- Understanding of information security measures and approaches
- Bachelor’s degree in business or computer science
- 3 to 5+ years’ experience working in a customer facing role or as an integral part of a customer facing pre-sales team
- Proven experience of pre-sales solution consulting experience directly supporting complex sales engagements; selling a solution spanning multiple departments in a company and requiring their approval
- Strong interpersonal skills, written & oral communication abilities and training skills/experience
Special skills and knowledge requirements:
- Demonstrated ability to communicate highly technical concepts and processes to the “common person”
- Excellent knowledge of Order to Cash and Procure to Pay business operations within an ERP
- Demonstrated ability to resolve complex pre-sales technical problems, working with field sales personnel
- Demonstrated ability to present technical concepts in clear manner to customers through demos and presentations
- Familiarity with technical cloud computing concepts and strategies
- Ability to work externally and internally with all levels of the organization
- Implementation experience is a bonus
- Consultative selling experience a plus
What’s in it for you!
At Thomson Reuters, our people are our greatest assets. Here are some of the benefits we offer for your personal and professional growth:
- Our Culture: You will have the opportunity to work for a company that has a market dominant position for both content and technology and is passionate about giving back to the community.
- Learning & Development: You are will be joining a growing sales team that has the commitment of the company to prioritize organic growth and has made investments to expand the sales team capability.
- Compensation: Base salary and a variable compensation that is directly related to your success
- Benefits: Extraordinary benefits package.
- Social Impact: Global volunteer network, organized virtual volunteer events, 2 paid volunteer workdays a year, company matching for personal charitable giving and fundraising
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Consulting Team Talent Manager Jobs at Boston Consulting Group (BCG) – Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex (On-site)
- Associate Partner, Data Mgmt. Svcs./Data Mgmt. Consulting-Remote Jobs at Kyndryl – United States (Remote)
- Consult., Tech. Consulting (Cyber Security – Cyber Threat Mgmt – App Security) Sr. Mgr(M.P) (493101) Jobs at EY – Miami, FL
- Consulting Alliances Manager Jobs at FloQast – United States (Remote)
- 2022- Summer – Consulting Associate – Business Applications – Oracle NetSuite Jobs at RSM US LLP – Tampa, FL
- Consulting Utility Forester | Morristown, NJ Jobs at ACRT – Morristown, NJ (On-site)
- Business Architect – Solution Consulting Jobs at Salesforce – Dallas, TX
- Business Consultant, Analyst III, or Analyst II Jobs at Anthem, Inc. – Columbus, OH (On-site)
- Pre Sales Business Consultant Jobs at ADP – Tucson, AZ (On-site)
- Industry Consultant – Trade Promotion Management (CMT) Jobs at Salesforce – New York, NY (Remote)
See More: 1,000+ Consulting Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit jobs.thomsonreuters.com.
Sign up for job alerts
Be the first to know about new jobs by signing up for email alerts below.