Amazon.com Services LLC
Amazon jobs in Washington State, United States – Apply for System Development Engineer – AWS Route 53, Route 53 Amazon Jobs – Seattle, WA. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 2287606
Job Title: System Development Engineer .
Amazon Route 53 DNS Resolver team is hiring! Amazon Route 53 is a highly available and scalable Domain Name System (DNS) service offered by Amazon Web Services.
Amazon Route 53 is a highly available and scalable Domain Name System (DNS) service offered by Amazon Web Services. We operate in over 50 locations worldwide and provide advanced functionality such as latency-based routing (LBR), Private DNS, Geo DNS routing, DNS failover, and integration with a plethora of AWS services. On top of that, we offer fast change propagation with a 100% availability SLA. Our service is quickly growing and we’re expanding in multiple directions: adding new features and functionality to our DNS services, better traffic management, new AWS integrations, improving our health check capabilities, and expanding with new services in the naming and routing space.
This position is for an engineer who will be part of a new team building a new product to offer customers a full-featured easy to manage private DNS resolver solution to serve all of their DNS resolution needs for their private networks, remote workers, and devices.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. Most days, our entire team is co-located in the Seattle office, but we’re also flexible when people occasionally need to work from home. We generally keep core in-office hours from 10 am to 5 pm.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior engineers truly enjoy mentoring more junior engineers and engineers from non-traditional backgrounds through one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews.
In the first six to twelve months on the job you’ll tackle these exciting challenges:
- Through participation in all phases of the development of a large , provide hardware, manageability, operability and performance perspectives on all aspects of Route 53 and their dependencies
- Develop or further existing automation and management tools and processes that reduce manual efforts and increase overall efficiency
- Adapt and improve operations management systems and processes to accommodate rapid and increasing growth in systems and traffic
- Participate in the and execution of production acceptance tests and new hardware evaluations
- Maintain fleet inventory management, including producing, maintaining, and evolving capacity plans for various components.
- Monitor the health of the fleet, automating health, maintenance tasks, and reporting systems as needed
- Perform various system maintenance tasks including configuration of new edge locations down to the machine level
- Manage directly assigned tasks and on-call duties with professionalism
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as C++, C#, Java, Python, Golang, PowerShell, Ruby
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- 3+ years of non-internship professional system engineering experience
- 2+ years of experience with common scripting or programming languages such as Python, BASH, or Perl
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 5+ years of hands on work experience in Software Engineering, Dev Ops, SRE and/or Systems Development.
- Strong Linux experience from provisioning to performance tuning, and a solid grasp on operating system fundamentals.
- Knowledge of professional system engineering practices & best practices for the full application life cycle, including system standards, system audit & reviews, configuration management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Strong IP networking fundamentals and experience with the application of IP protocols
- Proficiency with multiple programming/scripting languages
- Ability to take a project from business requirements through to actual launch of the project
- Strong distributed systems and web services design and implementation experience
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
- Sr. Ad Technology Content Manager – Amazon Ads, Tech Learning & Developer Relations Amazon Jobs – US, Virtual
- Senior Manager – Learning Business Partner Amazon Jobs – Austin, TX
- US Consultant (AC O) Amazon Jobs – Alabama
- Sr Engineer/Tech Lead, IFS Platform/Infrastructure Amazon Jobs – Palo Alto, CA
- Solutions Architect, New APS Service Amazon Jobs – Palo Alto, CA
- Sr. UX Writer/Content Strategist, Music Brand Voice & Strategy Amazon Jobs – Culver City, CA
- Sr. Manager – Brand Video Studio, Brand Video Studio Amazon Jobs – Santa Monica, CA
- Software Development Manager, SC.os Amazon Jobs – Seattle, WA
- Senior Applied Scientist, Selection Monitoring Amazon Jobs – Seattle, WA
- Physical Security Program Manager Amazon Jobs – Umatilla, OR
See More: 1,000+ Amazon Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.