Amazon Data Services, Inc.
Amazon jobs in Washington State, United States. – Apply for System Development Engineer (SysDE II), Internet Automation Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington. See the description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 1824083
Job Title: System Development Engineer.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a best-in-class Systems Development Engineer for the Internet Automation team in Seattle, Washington. This team works at the Internet edge of the AWS global network, connecting Amazon services to the Internet via external peering and transit connectivity. We are looking to hire motivated, best-in-class Software and Systems Engineers for our Seattle engineering team. The engineers within our team create new systems and tools to optimize and improve Amazon’s ability to scale our network at the Internet edge. We automate the establishing and maintenance of relationships with external networks, as well as our interactions with the global Internet ecosystem. We also derive the insights necessary to help set the strategic direction for AWS as to where we should be connected, and to what networks, in order to continually measure and improve the performance of Amazon’s edge services.
Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, very detail oriented, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills and has significant experience of supporting large scale, enterprise class networks. Our engineers work hand-in-hand with other Software and Systems Development teams, as well as Network Operations, to automate and invent new ways of operating Amazon’s next-generation network. The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential. In addition to providing top-tier management and support of Amazon’s vast network infrastructure, our engineers are expected to develop best practices, refine operational procedure and constantly think pro-actively and with innovation.
This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon’s world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies anywhere.
Key job responsibilities
• Develop, maintain, and supports tools and automation based around connecting to the internet at a large scale
• Reporting and gathering insights based on data gathered from those tools, as well as additional data sources
A day in the life
• Our internal customers are largely within the Border teams of AWS Networking
• Our external customers are Internet Providers that we have interactions with
• We endeavor to make our interactions with Providers safe, stable, and scalable
About the team
Our mission is to innovate, build, and operate Internet-specific services that deliver the most secure, highest performing, and scalable Internet connectivity possible for our customers, while ensuring our customers are never constrained.
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as C++, C#, Java, Python, Golang, PowerShell, Ruby
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Highly autonomous, very detail oriented, and willing to learn new skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and an ability to interact efficiently with peers and customers is required
• The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential
• In-depth experience developing in Python and/or Java
• Knowledge of the general Internet peering/transit ecosystem
• Strong Linux experience from provisioning to performance tuning, and a solid grasp on operating system fundamentals
• Experience automating the extraction, transformation, and loading of data between systems
• Excellent analytical skills
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical discipline. Graduate degree a plus
• Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Sr Manager-Technical Program Management, Amazon Robotics Amazon Jobs – Westborough, Massachusetts
- Engineering Operations Technician Amazon Jobs – Annapolis Junction, MD
- Senior Financial Analyst, NA Sort Centers Amazon Jobs – Oklahoma City, OK
- Senior Manager, Product Management Technical – AWS Billing (Products & Pricing), AWS Billing Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Sr Manager, Credit Operations, Amazon B2B Payments Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Wireless Network Dev Engineer Amazon Jobs – Nashville, TN
- Software Development Engineer, Storage Gateway Amazon Jobs – Boston/Cambridge Area, MA
- Senior Technical Program Manager, AWS Industrial IoT and Edge Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Senior Technical Program Manager, Amazon Product Catalog Amazon Jobs – Sunnyvale, California
- Manager – Partner Sales Leader: Customer Acquisition , US Central Greenfield Partner Sales Team Amazon Jobs – Chicago, IL
See More: 1,000+ Amazon Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.
Sign up for job alerts
Be the first to know about new jobs by signing up for email alerts below.