The Nature Conservancy
Nature Conservancy jobs in Virginia, USA. – Apply for Systems Administrator – Windows Applications Jobs at The Nature Conservancy – Arlington, VA. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Arlington, Virginia, USA
The location can be flexible within TNC offices in the United States.
a Little About Us
Since 1951, The Nature Conservancy has been doing work you can believe in protecting the lands and waters that all life depends on. As a science-based organization, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that we can create a world in which people and nature thrive.
We’re rooted in our Mission and guided by our Values, which includes a Commitment to Diversity and Respect for People, Communities, and Cultures. We know we’ll only achieve our Mission by hiring and engaging a diverse workforce that reflects the communities in which we work. Whether it’s career development, work/life balance, or a rewarding mission, there’s lots of reasons to love life #insideTNC. Our goal is to cultivate an inclusive work environment so that all of our colleagues around the globe feel a sense of belonging, and that their unique contributions to our mission are valued.
In addition to the minimum requirements in our postings, we recognize that people come with talent and experiences outside of a job. Passion, innovation, and diversity are all key components to advancing our Mission and we encourage you to apply.
All TNC staff based in the U.S. or a U.S. Territory are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of receiving one of the vaccines approved in the U.S. (Pfizer, Moderna, or Johnson & Johnson) shall be condition of employment and must be provided prior to starting work. TNC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and reasonable accommodations for candidates who cannot be vaccinated due to a valid medical or religious reason will be considered.
YOUR POSITION WITH TNC
The Systems Administrator position is part of a small, high-performing team supporting over 300 servers and over 4,000 users. Our goal is to ensure that our systems are reliable, secure, and responsive, enabling effective conservation and operations for TNC staff, volunteers, and partners.
This position has a focus of administering our core Microsoft-based systems such as Office365 (Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, Azure AD), Active Directory, and Citrix, within a small team of systems administrators who share responsibility for these systems. The position’s primary technical focus is Office365 services and Active Directory, and its functional focus is operations, with an emphasis on managing and supporting our Windows environments. The position also has some involvement in planning and upgrading existing systems and services, engineering and implementing operational improvements, and implementing new systems as specified by the Senior Systems Administrators.
- Strong analytical ability and problem-solving skills are very important.
- May lead technical role in new areas in which the individual has no prior experience. Tasks and projects sometimes require the ability to quickly learn new areas in depth – both technical and non-technical – without formal training. Demonstrated interest and effectiveness in this type of environment are important.
- Ability to be effective and creative in a highly cost-conscious environment is very important.
- Vendor issue management experience, including data capture and upload as well as experience following up with the vendor on bugs and problems
Responsibilities And Scope
Engineering and Project Support
- Establish hardware upgrade requirements by understanding and anticipating business needs and goals over the proposed system lifecycle of existing systems.
- Test procedures for new or upgraded servers/systems including installation, upgrades and disaster recovery.
- Provide informal technical leadership on small systems, development projects, and facilitate effective technical or other decisions within diverse, consensus-based project teams.
Operations and Support
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, enterprise systems and key processes, reviewing system/security logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups. Act as needed on any issues identified.
- Provide support for enterprise class application running on Windows Server or Cloud platforms (Azure/AWS)
- Shared/rotating responsibility for responding to after-hours pager alerts from monitoring systems.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies for Tier I or II issues, escalate to principal SA/management for Tier III.
- Perform maintenance or problem remediation activities during Wednesday early morning and / or monthly Saturday maintenance windows.
- Apply OS/application patches and service packs on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities and other third-party software.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other documentation / procedures.
- Coordinate 3rd party vendor site visits for small scale application or server maintenance.
SA Project Management
- Manage small scale assigned projects, including tracking objectives, milestones, constituent communication and hardware and staff resource coordination.
- Bachelor’s degree with a technical major such as engineering or computer science, or equivalent work experience and demonstrated proficiency in technical analysis and written technical documentation.
- 3 years’ experience administering Enterprise class Windows based application environment of at least 1000 users, including at least three of the following:
- Maintaining Windows Server OS or application support at administrator-level privileges.
- Creating and deploying scripts and automation or maintaining existing GPOs in a multi-site domain/forest.
- Performing tests of Windows server or application backup and recovery procedures.
- Maintain and support remote desktop services on Windows Server 2012 R2 or later
- Participate in monthly Windows Server Microsoft patching activities
- Support disaster recovery planning, testing and implementation for OnPrem or Cloud environments.
- Experience with Microsoft DNS, DHCP, File and Print Services, Failover Clustering, SQL Server
- Experience with Microsoft 365 Administration as a Global Administrator, or equivalent certification
- Experience supporting VMware on premise or cloud AWS/Azure infrastructure or equivalent certification
- OS-level scripting and automation such as PowerShell or bash and interpreted languages (such as VBScript or perl).
- The ability to navigate and troubleshoot interoperability issues from within and to Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows Server 2019.
- Because our environment also includes non-Windows servers and systems, should be comfortable working in a heterogeneous environment that includes Linux-based systems
To apply for job ID 50360, submit your materials online by using the Apply Now button at https://careers.nature.org/. Need help applying? Visit our recruitment page or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
Do you have military experience? Visit our U.S. Military Skills Translator to match your military experience with our current job openings!
TNC is committed to offering accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please send a note to email@example.com with Request for Accommodation in the subject line.
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Director of Strategic Communications and Marketing Jobs at The Nature Conservancy – Portland, OR
- Palmyra Operations Manager Jobs at The Nature Conservancy – Honolulu, HI
- North Florida Conservation Forester Jobs at The Nature Conservancy – Bristol, FL
- Human Resources Generalist Jobs at The Nature Conservancy – Eastern, WV
- Deputy Director of Gift Planning Fundraising (Location Negotiable) Jobs at The Nature Conservancy – Arlington, VA
- Media & Public Relations Manager Jobs at The Nature Conservancy – Lansing, MI
- Climate Adaptation Scientist Jobs at The Nature Conservancy – Boston, MA
- Loyal Donor Officer Jobs at The Nature Conservancy – Lansing, MI
- Durable Protection Strategy Associate Jobs at The Nature Conservancy – Arlington, VA
- Mig Welder Jobs at Whirlpool Corporation – Fall River, MA
See More: 1,000+ Nature Conservancy Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit careers.nature.org.
Sign up for job alerts
Be the first to know about new jobs by signing up for email alerts below.