Amazon Dev Center U.S., Inc.
Amazon jobs in Virginia, United States. – Apply for Systems Development Engineer – AWS Lighthouse Team Amazon Jobs – Herndon Area, VA See the description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 1652840
Job Title: Systems Development Engineer.
Do you like helping U.S. Intelligence Community agencies implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have a knack for helping these groups understand application architectures and integration approaches, and the consultative and leadership skills to launch a project on a trajectory to success?
AWS Government Cloud Solutions Operational Excellence team is looking for experienced large-scale operations data-diving system engineers with a knack for generating tooling and analytics to drive continuous process improvement.
Improving quality and velocity for our service teams is our primary mission. To get us there, you know how to “talk the talk” and “walk the walk” by building and operating large scale 24×7 systems. You won’t be telling people how they should improve; you will be identifying and ranking operational hot spots, engineering mitigations, and driving tooling to increase everyone’s operational scalability. You know that people alone cannot completely solve problems at large scale. To truly scale further than you can foresee, you need integrated tooling that is a part of everything we do. You know we need to measure operational problem areas the same way we measure success. You think big, build quickly, and continually iterate to get us there.
Systems Development Engineers within our team are instrumental in creating, automating, deploying, operating and scaling a massive always-on distributed system. We are seeking passionate engineers with strong systems engineering skills who proactively automate away problems and constantly look to improve quality of service. The ideal candidate will have thrived in operating complex systems, diagnosing and resolving the hardest corner case problems.
AWS is looking to hire highly motivated, best-in-class hands-on Systems Development Engineer “Data Diver” to join our Government Cloud Solutions Operations team.
As a system engineering data diver, you will
· Data Dive operational support systems/databases and dig out operations data artifacts to help us answer Operational Risk, Effort, and Priority questions for our service teams and customers
· Define ways to measure Risk and Effort by producing scorecards from operational data artifacts
· Devise, develop, and champion AWS operations best practices
· Audit and improve system metrics, alarms, and architectures to ensure high service availability.
· Monitor service trends to identify improvement opportunities within existing frameworks, tools and processes
· Dig out data artifacts from operational systems to implement operational metrics and key performance indicators (KPI) that measure service team quality and velocity
· Identify operational hot spots and drive operational excellence through automated tooling and applications
· Be obsessed with our customers’ needs and drive them back into actionable operational improvements to the AWS service teams
· Work with multiple service teams to plan, deploy, and support large scale AWS services and features
This position is perfect for someone who can think about the big picture and iterate operational improvements to get us there. If you like to learn and be curious, this is the position for you.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We are dedicated to supporting our new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
Location: Herndon, VA or Arlington, VA (HQ2) options are available.
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as C++, C#, Java, Python, Golang, PowerShell, Ruby
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or related field or 8 years engineering experience in lieu of degree
· 5+ years with Linux or similar UNIX distributions (RHEL, CentOS, Debian, etc)
· In-depth knowledge of Linux/Unix tools and architecture
· Systems administration or development in a Linux/Unix environment
· 2+ years of development experience in Java
· DBA / Development experience with Oracle, MySQL, DynamoDB
· Experience with data analysis and business metrics at large scales
· Ability to dive deep to analyze complex issues, solve problems, and automate repetitive tasks
· Excellent documentation skills
· Excellent problem solving skills with a strong attention to detail
· Experience with agile software development practices
· Proven ability to troubleshoot large distributed systems and dive code to identify root causes
· Experience with service-oriented architecture and current web service technologies
· Exposure to machine learning data analysis techniques
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
*Please email AWS Sourcing Recruiter, Scott Korkowski (email@example.com) if you have questions.
Other Related Jobs:
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.
Sign up for job alerts
Be the first to know about new jobs by signing up for email alerts below.