Amazon Dev Center U.S., Inc.
Amazon jobs in Washington State, United States – Apply for Systems Engineer, Cryptography and Identity Management Amazon Jobs – Seattle, WA. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 2293569
Job Title: Systems Engineer.
We are currently looking for a Systems Engineer to join our systems organization. You love to work with internal and external customers to execute projects and resolve issues. You are a believer in the dev-ops model of service engineering, and you are excited to run operations in an environment where developers don’t toss problems over the wall. You are happiest when you are working with empowered, world-class engineers to meet world-class challenges. Finally, with your strong ownership bias, you have an infectious desire to continually improve how things are done.
AWS Cryptography and Identity are building and delivering the next generation of cloud computing security. We are innovating new ways of building massively scalable distributed security systems involving identity management, federation, web services security, and much more. We enable our customers to control some of the most sensitive secrets on the Internet.
In this role, you will join a team of highly talented engineers operating Cryptography and Identity systems. This is a great opportunity to have direct impact to some of the largest-scaled systems in the world and work with some of the smartest people in the industry, while having a huge impact. A successful systems engineer should be focused on troubleshooting complex system operations, not just on a server level but enterprise wide. You should also have a solid foundation in multiple operating systems, networking and general knowledge of cloud services. You will work with Amazon’s largest and most demanding customers to address specific needs across a full suite of services. You will dive deep into technical issues and work diligently to improve the customer experience.
This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon’s world class technical team in Seattle, WA. You will work with some of the best and brightest engineers and technical managers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies anywhere. Working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
This position can work out of either the Arlington, VA office or the Seattle, WA office locations.
Our new headquarters is located in Northern Virginia, where Amazon will invest $2.5 billion dollars, occupy 4 million square feet of energy efficient office space, and create at least 25,000 new full-time jobs. Our employees and the neighboring community will also benefit from the associated investments from the Commonwealth including infrastructure updates, public transportation improvements, and new access to Reagan Nation
With direct views of the Space Needle, South Lake Union and the Amazon Spheres. Our employees love being in the heart of the city. With museums, great local food, shopping, and more. Just a walk – or bike ride – away, working at Amazon means the best Seattle has to offer is always right at your fingertips. The Seattle campus also benefits from a variety of public transit options such as Link Light Rail, RapidRide bus lines and the Washington State Ferry System. We are located about 15 miles from Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, which provides visitors the ability to drive or take the Link Light Rail train directly to our downtown Seattle campus, and within walking distance of Seattle’s infamous Pikes Place Farmers Market.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
In compliance with the U.S. government requirement that employees of its contractors, and employees who work on or in connection with U.S government contracts must receive the COVID-19 vaccine, this position may require that the candidate selected be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. A person is considered fully vaccinated by completing the full regimen of the COVID-19 vaccine (two doses for Pfizer or Moderna and one dose for Johnson & Johnson).
This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
- Relevant technical work experience and/or Bachelor’s degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field or relevant work experience
- 5+ year experience systems administration in a Windows/Linux/Unix environment
- 5+ year experience with support procedures and methodologies for production computing environments including ticketing, metrics, troubleshooting and process
- 3+ year familiarity with scripts and scripting and/or programming languages (Python, Perl, Bash, PowerShell, etc)
- This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen
- Experience in Systems and Infrastructure Administration, DevOps.
- Experience designing and/or implementing automated software testing, deployment and performance analysis systems
- Experience conducting failure mode analysis in complex distributed systems
- Experience creating, reviewing, and refining design and architecture documents presented by partner teams for operational readiness, fault tolerance and scalability
- Experience developing or furthering existing application and system management tools and processes that reduce manual efforts and increase overall efficiency
- Ability to adapt and improve operations management systems and processes to accommodate rapid and increasing growth in systems and traffic
- Experience with service-oriented architecture and web services
- Experience with agile software development practices
- Experience with AWS technologies (Simple WorkFlow, EC2, DynamoDB)
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
- Current, active US Government Security Clearance of TS with polygraph a plus!
- Sr. Program Manager, Buy with Prime Amazon Jobs – US
- Hardware Engineer Apprentice Amazon Jobs – Sunnyvale, CA
- Engineering Operations Technician , Data Center Engineering Operations Amazon Jobs – Manassas, VA
- Robotics – Software Development Engineer – Summer 2022, Robotics Advanced Technology Amazon Jobs – Seattle, WA
- Network Deploy Technician Amazon Jobs – Boardman, OR
- Executive Business Partner Amazon Jobs – San Francisco, CA
- Education Customer Advisor – Amazon Business, Amazon Business Amazon Jobs – Nashville, TN
- Sr. Customer Advisor, Amazon Business Amazon Jobs – Arlington, VA
- Senior Account Representative, Amazon Business – NonProfit Amazon Jobs – Boston, MA
- LP Mult-Site Lead, AMZL Amazon Jobs – Lodi, NJ
See More: 1,000+ Amazon Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.