Editor jobs in Arizona, USA – Apply for Technical Editor Jobs at Stantec – Chandler, AZ. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Technical Editor – ( 220002CL )
At our core, we’re a community. Together, we exercise creative thought, developing engineering and designs as individual as the people and projects we touch. From approval and permitting to design and construction management services, we put the goals of our clients and their communities at the center of everything we create. Join us as we assist mining companies in getting mined materials to communities around the globe.
We are a leader in underground hard rock mining engineering and related technology, serving the largest, deepest, and most technically challenging mines in the world. This is where great ideas and rewarding careers are built.
We are currently seeking a Technical Editor with document control experience to join our Mining team. This position requires a detail oriented individual and will provide both technical editing and document management / control services for our mining projects. Training, meetings, and group events may require the Document Control Specialist to work in the Chandler (Phoenix), Arizona office intermittently.
Our team is highly collaborative, fast-paced, and geographically diverse. A team-first mentality, along with hard work, flexibility, exceptional customer service, and personal accountability are the keys to our success.
If you are the type of person who is invigorated by opportunities presented through change and collaboration with others, we would love to meet with you!
Your Key Responsibilities
- Formats (using “styles” in Microsoft Word), tracks / controls, and files various document types. Imports tables, figures, drawings, and photos from other software into Microsoft Word.
- Ensures project deliverables conform to Stantec standards (i.e., revision process, formatting and styles, peer and client reviews, quality assurance checks, etc.).
- Completes routine follow up and data entry.
- Issues, receives, records, and files project-related communications and records, including incoming data from vendors.
- Attends internal and external meetings. May be required to record and distribute meeting minutes.
- Follows Stantec electronic filing and naming structure process and procedures.
- Provides other clerical / technical support to staff as needed. Collaborates with DMDC Manager, Project Managers, and Technical Leads to develop, implement, and enforce project specific DMDC procedures, while ensuring those procedures conform to company standards.
- Ensures routine DMDC tasks are evenly distributed / delegated and suitable for each individual’s unique skillsets.
- Completes quality assurance / quality control checks of DMDC project team members’ work. Responsible for ensuring mistakes are corrected in a timely manner.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Must have a strong command of the English language and excellent communication skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office with knowledge of a variety of other computer applications (e.g., Adobe Acrobat, ProjectWise, BIM 360).
- Must have the ability to quickly learn new software applications to improve speed and efficiency.
- Must demonstrate a high level of attention to detail in completion of tasks and cross referencing of information in several documents and logs.
- Must demonstrate the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment and possess flexibility when juggling numerous projects simultaneously in a rapidly changing environment.
- Must grasp instructions and information rapidly and apply them with varying degrees of supervision.
- Must possess a high degree of confidentiality.
- Must be available to work overtime as necessary to meet project deadlines. May be requested to work weekends or come in early.
- Ability to perform in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to travel as required for project assignments.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
Education And Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in communication, business, or related field.
Minimum of three to four years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and related experience.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : United States-Arizona-Chandler
Job : Technical Writer/Editor
Organization : BC-1829 Mining-US
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jun 23, 2022, 2:48:16 PM
Req ID: 220002CL
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Medical Editor Jobs at ICON plc – North Wales, PA
- Media Editor, Customs Jobs at Macmillan Learning – Austin, TX (On-site)
- Editor, Future Jobs at Andreessen Horowitz – Menlo Park, CA
- Associate Editor, PRL Jobs at American Physical Society (APS Physics) – College Park, MD (Remote)
- Attorney Editor (Commentary) Jobs at Thomson Reuters – Eagan, MN (On-site)
- Editor (NE) Jobs at Nexstar Media Group, Inc. – Sacramento, CA (On-site)
- Assignment Desk Editor Jobs at Nexstar Media Group, Inc. – Birmingham, AL (On-site)
- Senior Associate Technical Editor Jobs at SAS – Cary, NC
- Journal Development Editor. Jobs at Springer Nature Group – New York, NY (On-site)
- Writer/Editor- Recent Grads Welcome to Apply! Jobs at Siemens Digital Industries Software – Fremont, CA (On-site)
See More: 1,000+ Editor Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit stantec.taleo.net.