Amazon.com Services LLC
Amazon jobs in United States – Apply for Technical Program Manager , PeopleTech Security Amazon Jobs – US, Virtual. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 2291189
Job Title: Technical Program Manager .
At Amazon, we are obsessed with earning customer trust. The PeopleTech Security team enables our business leaders to maintain customer trust by keeping systems and their underlying employee, contingent worker, applicant, and candidate data secure.
PeopleTech Security is looking for a passionate, innovative, and results-oriented Technical Program Manager for Security Risk Management to focus on building and launching security risk programs. If you enjoy working in a rapidly changing environment, and influencing the strategic direction of a large global organization, this position is for you. In this role you will work closely with cross-functional teams of technical and non-technical key stakeholders to develop a risk register, drive risk assessments, risk reporting and, ensure that mitigation strategies are defined and executed. You will partner with other risk management teams across the organization to strategize and effectively rally support for your risk management initiatives. You will implement new programs/initiatives, and the development of new processes and mechanisms to support them. You will also be involved with business reporting for our monthly status updates (called MBRs), monthly metrics reporting, goal setting, budgeting resource planning, annual operational planning (OP), security training & awareness program and ensure that our team wiki is current.
To be an ideal candidate, you are motivated by a highly creative and dynamic culture where the challenge of breaking new ground and redefining best practices is welcome. You will have the ability to think strategically, act tactically, write effectively, and display strong analytical and critical thinking skills. You must also be able to build strong cross-functional working relationships at all levels and demonstrate exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
Key job responsibilities
• Demonstrating a strong understanding of the security risk domain and conducting deep analysis of the problem space to execute a program that will include procedures and mechanisms for identifying, tracking, and reporting risks, mitigations and impacts.
• Providing input to team’s roadmaps, and actively monitoring, tracking and reducing security risks and reporting status to senior leadership.
• Driving security risk assessments to identify gaps, providing recommendations and driving the gaps to mitigation.
• Leading cross-functional teams to operationalize new strategic security programs through full program lifecycle by defining scope/success criteria. Setting expectations, establishing timelines, implementing solutions, and measuring success and lessons learned.
• Adapting to dynamic situations and demonstrating a proactive work ethic.
• Driving operational cadences, such as monthly and quarterly risk reporting, monthly and quarterly business reviews and operational planning to improve alignment on budgets, headcount and ongoing initiatives.
• Managing preparation, agenda and following up actions for strategic business plans. Anticipating the needs of your business and proactively developing new plans as needed.
• Communicating effectively at multiple levels, building trusting relationships across organizations, and demonstrating discretion with sensitive information.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical field.
• 5+ years of Technical Program Management experience working directly with product and engineering teams.
• 3+ years of relevant work experience in Security domain.
• Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and project planning/execution skills including estimating and scheduling.
• Technical fluency; comfortable understanding and discussing technology concepts, schedule trade-offs, and new opportunities with technical team members.
• Understanding of information security and risk frameworks, and compliance requirements.
• Ability to navigate ambiguity to solve problems and deliver successfully with attention to detail.
• Experience with Excel and program management tools with the ability to conduct analysis of complex data and translate results into actionable deliverables, messages and documents.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively deliver information to leaders (senior manager level and above).
• Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
• Familiarity with relevant identity-oriented standards, such as NIST800-63 and ISO 27000 series.
• Skilled in risk management, business risk analysis and making complex business/risk trade-off recommendations and decisions.
• Possess an understanding of core information security principles and associated risk management principles
• Strong customer focus, ownership, sense of urgency and drive
• Passion to make things better and resourceful, solutions-based approach to partnership.
• Security-related certifications (i.e. CISSP, CISA)
• Advanced degree in Cybersecurity, Business, Economics, Social Science, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field
• Prior experience working in consulting or in a technology company
• Experience building dashboards (QuickSight, Tableau, PowerBI or equivalent)
• Experience with SQL
• Knowledge of Agile development practices (Certified Scrum Master, etc.)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
- Security Risk Manager, PeopleTech Security Amazon Jobs – US, Virtual
- Senior Program Manager, AWS Worldwide Specialist TAM Amazon Jobs – US, Virtual
- Business Intelligence Engineer, AWS Enterprise Support Amazon Jobs – US, Virtual
- Data Engineer, Analytics & Data Management Amazon Jobs – New York City, NY
- Software Development Engineer , AWS Identity Amazon Jobs – US, Virtual
- Applied Scientist, Amazon Ads Identity Amazon Jobs – Palo Alto, CA
- Sr Mechanical Design Engineer – Customer Terminals Amazon Jobs – Redmond, WA
- Amazon Fresh Grocery Associate Amazon Jobs – Oak Lawn, IL
- Content Marketing Mgr, Amazon Publisher Services Amazon Jobs – New York, NY
- Amazon Robotics – Software Development Engineer (SDE) – Summer 2023, Robotic Strategy and Concepts Amazon Jobs – Westborough, MA
See More: 1,000+ Amazon Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.