Technical Writer jobs in Washington State, USA – Apply for Technical Writer Jobs at Amazon – Seattle, WA. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
The AWS Partner Services Documentation team is looking for a technical writer to join our team documenting AWS Marketplace – a digital catalog with thousands of software listings from independent software vendors that make it easy to find, test, buy, and deploy software that runs on AWS. For a look at our AWS Marketplace documentation, see https://docs.aws.amazon.com/marketplace.
Ideally, you have both a technical background that enables easy interaction with software developers and a demonstrated ability to deliver high-quality technical documentation. We’re also looking for some experience with web services, Linux, XML, and GIT. While we don’t expect you to be an expert in these areas, we hope you are excited to learn about them.
The AWS Documentation team writes and provides support for a diverse audience consisting of developers, DevOps professionals, IT professionals, technical program managers, and scientists. We have both the technical background and the writing background that enable our team to deliver high-quality technical documentation. On behalf of our customers, we do much more than just write the docs. We innovate, we research, we learn, and we experiment. We work with product managers to understand our customers’ needs. We partner with software developers to learn the inner workings of AWS services so that we can influence design and the customer experience. We know that what we do makes a difference in the successful adoption and implementation of AWS services.
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud provider–from infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databases–to emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com.
- BS in computer science or a degree in technical communications or a related discipline.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience writing technical documentation.
- Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities.
- Ability to create clear, concise documentation and express complex concepts in simple terms.
- Experience using XML-based content publishing tools.
- Experience using and following a style guide.
- Experience managing stakeholders with sometimes-competing priorities.
- Experience working with GitHub.
- A proactive and open-minded attitude to resolving problems and delivering results.
- Passion to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing, agile working environment.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, with an enthusiastic attitude to support and resolve customer problems.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Company – Amazon Dev Center U.S., Inc.
Job ID: A1583016
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Technical Writer Jobs at Laika – New York, NY
- Technical Writer, Software Jobs at Suvoda – Conshohocken, PA
- Web Developer (WordPress) Jobs at Creative Circle – Seattle, WA
- Web Developer Jobs at Collabera Inc – Aloha, OR
- Front End Developer Jobs at Mercury Systems, Inc. – Ridgefield Park, NJ
- Sr. Front End Developer Jobs at Horizontal Talent – Richfield, MN
- Front-End Developer – Full-time, Remote Jobs at Toptal – Honolulu, HI
- Staff Frontend Engineer – Citrix Content Collaboration Jobs at Citrix – Atlanta, GA
- UI Front End Engineer Jobs at Apple – Austin, TX
See More: 1,000+ Technical Writer Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com