Amazon.com Services LLC
Amazon jobs in Washington State, USA – Apply for Tooling Operations Manager, Ground Support Equipment (GSE) Amazon Jobs – Redmond, WA. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 1868140
Job Title: Tooling Operations Manager.
Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
This role will lead the Kuiper Tooling Operations team and will work closely with mechanical and controls engineering teams to develop creative solutions to take this program for R&D, though design validation and into production.
Key job responsibilities
· Manage all day to day operations of Tooling Shop & personnel while maintaining a safe working environment.
· Hire and Develop the Kuiper Tooling Operations team, including fabricators, toolmakers, riggers, logistics, quality, and planning personnel.
· Manage the execution of custom tooling, automation & test equipment projects.
· Work directly with engineering teams on design feedback, project execution and commissioning of systems.
· Build and manage Kuiper Tooling Fabrication, Quality and Safety Standards and processes.
· Develop and Maintain Tooling Operations area.
· Identify and make justifications for capital equipment.
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
A day in the life
This is a fast-paced, intellectually challenging position, and you’ll work with leaders in multiple technology areas. You’ll have relentlessly high standards for yourself and everyone you work with, and you’ll be constantly looking for ways to improve your product’s performance, quality and cost. We want individuals who are ready for this challenge and want to reach beyond what is possible today.
About the team
The Ground Support Equipment (GSE) team is responsible for designing and commissioning tooling and automation equipment for Satellite testing and production. This is a team of engineers and operations personnel to provide unique and creative in-house solutions.
· 10+ years experience working in a custom fabrication environment
· 4+ years experience in a development shop lead / supervisory role, developing processes and directing work output.
· 4+ years working experience with building and validating custom tooling and manufacturing equipment.
· 4+ years project management experience (budget, schedules, resource allocation, work planning)
· 3+ years people management experience
· Management experience of custom metal fabrication shop including: welding (MIG / TIG), forming, cutting, Mill / Lathe, Waterjet, finishes, precision assembly, precision inspection, rigging and other similar tools.
· Experience developing and executing safety, fabrication and quality standards and procedures for shop operations.
· Experience assembling and commissioning custom machinery including linear rails, power transmission, pneumatics, hydraulics, and control sensors.
· Can read, interpret, and execute mechanical drawings including GD&T (ASME Y14.5-2009)
· Experience working with ambiguity or minimum instructions in a custom project manufacturing environment.
· Demonstrated analytical, written, and verbal communication skills.
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Tooling Planner, Ground Support Equipment (GSE) Amazon Jobs – Redmond, WA
- Mechanical Design Engineer, Ground Support Equipment (GSE) Amazon Jobs – Redmond, WA
- Mechanical Automation Engineer, Ground Support Equipment (GSE) Amazon Jobs – Redmond, WA
- Senior Security Engineer Amazon Jobs – Sunnyvale, California
- Workplace Health and Safety Specialist Amazon Jobs – Pendleton, OR
- Associate Corporate Counsel, AWS Legal Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Senior Technical Program Manager – Privacy , Digital Privacy Amazon Jobs – Sunnyvale, California
- Senior Industry Specialist- Privacy , Digital Privacy Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Associate Corporate Counsel, AWS Legal, Infrastructure Technology Team Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington
- Amazon Fresh Grocery Lead – North Riverside, IL (Full Time) Amazon Jobs – North Riverside, IL
See More: 1,000+ Amazon Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.
Sign up for job alerts
Be the first to know about new jobs by signing up for email alerts below.