Amazon Web Services, Inc.
Amazon jobs in Washington State, United States. – Apply for Training Manager Amazon Jobs – Seattle, Washington. See the description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 1642922
Job Title: Training Manager.
Who are we?
Amazon was recently rated the #1 most reputable company in the US, #1 for innovation, and is frequently ranked at the top in Customer Service. Amazon’s technology business has a history and tradition of leading the world in Web-related technologies and services. Now, with Amazon Web Services (AWS) you have the chance to help individuals and businesses take their computing infrastructures and applications into the Cloud. As a member of the AWS Support team, you will be at the forefront of Cloud technologies experiencing the full breadth of AWS services. You will be surrounded by people that are extremely smart, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success.
Amazon Web Services has an opening for a Training Manager on our AWS Support Global Learning Team. The Training manager will lead the strategy and development of our Continuing Education programs for customer support teams within AWS Support. In this role, you will oversee our continuing education program team which develop and manage our training content and programs for our tenured global, Customer service associates. We need an individual who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with the capacity and experience to lead a global team in defining the learning content strategy and then follow through to deliver impactful business results through the design, development and evaluation of our training content and materials. The Training Manager will be responsible for liaising with business leaders to map learning strategy to key business drivers that impact learner performance, elevate customer experience and develop skills and readiness throughout their tenure. You will lead a team of program managers who own continuing education programs for different learner profiles, keeping in mind the design aspects around blended learning approach with e-learning content, virtual learning needs, and traditional classroom instructor-led content and on-the-job training. You will partner with our globally dispersed site operations leaders to align on the strategic objectives and success metrics of learning programs. You will play a vital, strategic role in ensuring that the AWS Support team has the learning programs and content needed to enable the world’s best customer support.
The primary responsibilities include:
· Define continuing education program tenets, key objectives, strategic outcomes and success metrics that impact the business
· Lead your team to analyze stakeholder needs, prioritize roadmaps, then design and develop the programs and associated curriculum and training materials to meet those needs.
· Lead your team to measure, evaluate and report on the effectiveness and business impact of your learning programs and content.
· Drive innovation and break through improvements in your team’s design and development processes and practices.
· Identify the tools and learning technology choices that will provide ways to cost effectively scale your programs and improve learning effectiveness and speed to proficiency for AWS Support employees.
· Partner effectively with the broader AWS Support team as well as the Site Training Program Managers across our global footprint to drive program consistency and effective use of your team’s content.
· Partner with other Amazon and AWS training teams to leverage existing content and programs.
· Create and manage the communication strategy for promoting and highlighting your strategy, priorities, and the status with your continuing education program roadmaps.
· Lead your team to manage multiple projects and programs concurrently.
· Hire, develop and support the training and professional growth of your own team members.
· 6+ years leadership experience managing training teams (with direct reports) to design and develop highly technical training programs and curriculum materials for geographically dispersed international technical support organizations.
· 6+ years of experience managing learning & development programs, preferably in the continuing education space
· Experience applying adult learning principles, agile methods, learning technology and program management skills together in the design, development and maintenance of learning solutions.
· Experience developing blended learning models to match the appropriate methods with the subject matter. Includes experience designing and developing stand alone, self-directed e-learning modules.
· Experience working with industry standard Learning Management Systems (LMS) and reporting and measuring training results and learning effectiveness.
· 6+ years of program and project management experience including managing multiple concurrent projects and managing process improvement efforts.
· 7 or more years of experience leading global or international training teams (or similar experience) to design and develop world class training and learning programs
· An undergraduate degree in either a management, technical, communication, education or related field; Master’s degree highly preferred
· Experience designing and developing training for IT/technical teams/customer support or related positions.
· Extensive experience with LMS’s, SCORM and XAPI, and deep experience with designing and developing training for various modalities such as online, virtual instructor led, in-person led, eLearning, and blended learning methodologies
· Experience managing the design and development of assessments and certification or accreditation programs ideal
· Experience managing multiple high priority projects and programs and driving them to success
· Experience analyzing and presenting detailed metrics using tools like Excel, Tableau, Sharepoint, LMS or data warehouses
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively with AWS Support leaders and team members in a global environment
· Excellent organizational skills and program and project management skills
· Ability to travel internationally to visit AWS Support sites in the future
AWS Support values diversity of thought and wants to grow by hiring people with a wide range of backgrounds, cultures, and experiences that allow us to continue innovating for complex problems. If you are interested in shaping the future of Amazon AWS Support organization, apply to learn more about this exciting opportunity.
Other Related Jobs:
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.
Sign up for job alerts
Be the first to know about new jobs by signing up for email alerts below.