Amazon jobs in Wisconsin, United States. – Apply for UX Researcher Amazon Jobs – Madison, WI. See the description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Job ID: 1642156
Job Title: UX Researcher.
We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting-edge advances in technology and to solve real-world problems that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. As a UX Researcher, you will be working with a unique and gifted team developing exciting products for consumers and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
Amazon is looking for a UX Researcher to join an exciting project team working to build a best-in-class product. This is a green-field opportunity where you will own and execute a multi-modal research roadmap, working with our product and design teams to implement insights.
…lead user research, having a deep understanding of UX research methods and best practices, while being nimble, creative and pragmatic. You have an innate ability to uncover the research questions that can yield the most influential insights, from questions that are not yet being asked, and can come up with inventive ways to learn using prototypes, proxies, and novel methods to overcome the constraints of testing a product that doesn’t yet exist. You are a passionate, curious researcher with strong observational and analytical skills, an ability to collaborate with other teams and designers, and a determination to do what is right for Amazon’s customers. You can work with minimal direction while delivering high-quality outputs. You will work on overlapping projects, so you are good at multi-tasking, juggling competing priorities, and organizing yourself to ensure you deliver on your commitments. This position requires deep customer focus, the desire to learn, the ability to dive deep and invent, a sense of urgency, and the maturity to make hard decisions fast.
· Define, execute, and invent research methods appropriate to the questions at hand, including but not limited to user testing, field research, remote testing, and prototype – based on research questions, timeline, and resourcing.
· Deliver insights for a multi-modal experience which spans software, hardware, packaging, in-home contexts, and go-to market activity.
· Work cross-functionally with design, product management, engineering, and other partners to not only communicate results and recommendations, but relentlessly drive influence from insights.
· Own the end-to-end experience with all aspects of the user research lifecycle (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting, communicating).
· Work with a unique and gifted, cross-functional team developing exciting products for customers.
***Location: US-based Amazon development centers are ok.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
It’s not about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We care about your career growth too. Once you join the team, you and your manager will jointly craft a career plan and you’ll review it regularly to ensure you’re on track to meet your goals. Whether your goals are to explore new technologies, take on bigger opportunities, or get to the next level, we’ll help you get there. Our business is growing fast and our people will grow with it.
· 3+ years of experience in the field of research and/or design
· BA/BS in psychology, sociology, anthropology, human computer interaction or related discipline.
· Hands-on experience with: user testing, remote testing, paper prototype testing, iterative prototype testing, concept evaluation, field research, and survey design.
· Experience in best practices for user research and knowledge of what approaches work and which don’t, in both generative and evaluative methods.
· MA/MS or Ph.D in Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Cognitive Science, Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction, or related discipline
· Deep understanding of human motivations, capabilities, and limitations as applied to the design of interactive systems.
· Having worked on at least one version 1 or incubation product with successful results.
· 3+ years of experience with research tools (e.g., UserTesting, Qualtrics, etc.)
· The ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
· Demonstrated effectiveness in written, verbal, and visual communication skills; ability to distill complex ideas into concise and accurate narratives that enlighten and inspire.
· A clear passion for making a positive impact on customers lives through your work.
· Passion for understanding the latest learnings and innovations in behavioral science, research methods, and UX design and applying these to your work.
· A strong portfolio demonstrating past user-research work experience, deliverables, and the ability to drive influence from qualitative and quantitative data.
Other Related Jobs:
To apply for this job please visit account.amazon.jobs.
Sign up for job alerts
Be the first to know about new jobs by signing up for email alerts below.