Welding jobs in Wisconsin, USA. – Apply for Welder 2nd shift Jobs at Eaton – Waukesha, WI. See the job description, requirements, and the link to apply.
Eaton’s Electrical Power Systems division is currently seeking a Welder – 2nd Shift to join our team, pay starting at $25.25 – 26.77/hour, depending on experience. Shift Premium of $1.25/hour. This position is based at our Badger Drive facility in Waukesha, WI.
This position is offering a sign-on bonus of $3,000*, less applicable withholding.
- Bonus terms:
- Bonuses are being offered for a limited time only. Applications must be submitted on or after June 11, 2021 to qualify.
- Bonuses are only applicable to specific job types and shifts; additional terms and conditions may apply.
- Associates must be employed at the time of the payout.
- Bonuses will be payable in two installments: $2,000, less applicable withholding will be paid after three (3) months of employment and the remaining $1,000, less applicable withholding will be paid after nine (9) months of employment.
The Welder operates pulse welding machine, stud welder, cutting torch, plasma cutter, grinder and jib crane, assembling 3 phase/Switch module tanks with leak proof seams. Operator checks parts against blueprints for proper dimensions and locations. Knows how and uses fixtures and jigs. Signs off on safety and quality checklists.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In This Function You Will
- Support and check material specifications, dimensions on shop orders and prints against customer specifications for accuracy.
- Cut and trim material using oxygen-acetylene torch and plasma when required.
- Support and assemble component parts to front plates checking part numbers and locations against blueprints. Splices multiple pieces of material to make up front plate and other tank components.
- Check corrugate for the proper size of volutes.
- Assemble and weld front plate, tank bottom and tank body, including corrugate, providing all leak proof seams.
- Grind excess weld from seams, edges and gasket seats to improve the fit of parts. Scrape and wipe down unit to ensure it meets applicable customer requirements.
- Set tank on conveyor line, stamping with employee identification number.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Why work at Eaton? Below are a few of the outstanding benefits we offer:
- Health benefits and Vacation time are available to use day one, Paid holidays, Shift premium, Retirement benefits, Paid Parental Leave, Educational Assistance Program, Wellness Reimbursement, and more!
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED (General Education Degree) is required.
- Minimum of one (1) year Technical School diploma successfully obtained no later than August 2021 AND/OR a minimum of two (2) years welding experience in mig and arc welding.
- Successfully complete Eaton’s weld test.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- Relocation is being offered for this role.
Position Success Criteria
- Ability to successfully complete Eaton’s Power Systems weld test with a score greater or equal to 80%.
Manufacturing & Operations
North America – US/Puerto Rico
Waukesha WI Loc 1
ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Does this position offer relocation?
Relocation from within hiring country only
Requisition ID :104531
Apply Also for similar jobs like this…
- Welder – 2nd Shift – $1000 sign on bonus! Jobs at Northern Tool – Northfield, MN
- Fitter/Welder – 1st shift Jobs at Arcosa Inc. – Mason, MI
- Production Welder Jobs at Anvil International – Henderson, TN
- Welder Jobs at Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions – Ash Flat, AR
- Welder I Jobs at Parker Hannifin – Lake Charles, LA
- Welder Jobs at Remedy Intelligent Staffing – Webster, NY
- Welding Shop Helper jobs at Lapeyre Stair – New Orleans, LA
- Welder Jobs at Allied OneSource – O’Fallon, MO
- Tig Welder Jobs at Allied OneSource – Edwardsville, KS
- Welder Helper Jobs at Wood – Jal, NM
See More: 1,000+ Welding Jobs in USA – Updated Daily
How to Apply
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.
Sign up for job alerts
Be the first to know about new jobs by signing up for email alerts below.